Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
Barbarian Coug

Montana Model 3150RL being replaced by 3155RL?

Howdy folks. I am selling my travel trailer of 13 years to move into a fifth wheel trailer within the next year. I have happily settled on a Montana 3150 RL for our next rig for a variety of reasons.

I noticed on the Keystone Montana website that the Model 3150RL is no longer an option under the "build your Montana" feature. I take it is being replaced by the 3155RL? I figured folks around here would have some knowledge and information on this subject.
Barbarian Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
KanTC

to the forum Barbarian Coug,
The 3150RL is listed as *STOCK ONLY*, which means this particular floorplan has been discontinued, and only the
"current stock" will be available. Yes, the 3155RL is a new floorplan for the model year, but that doesn't necessarily
indicate that it's replacing any specific model #. It's not uncommon for manufacturers to add/drop models from year to year.
You can see (& compare) the Montana model changes, here: http://www.keystonerv.com/montana/#/floorplans

Hope this helps & happy shopping,
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:54 AM   #3
limey

I also noticed the 3150RL was being dropped from the lineup. We own a 2012 model, and the changes in the bathroom for the 3155 are EXACTLY the reason we wanted the 3150 - we like the "garden shower" idea as it gives a more spacious feel to the bedroom.

We have been very happy with the 3150 - it is the perfect layout for us and gives plenty of space for the two of us (plus dog) and it isn't too long or heavy.

Eric & Mary (& George)
Montana 3150RL
Dodge RAM 2500, Cummins
Pentwater, Michigan
limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
Barbarian Coug

Dang it Limey. Those are exactly the reasons my wife woke up this morning and said, "maybe we should go get the the 3150 model." I am not too excited about the 3155's TV placement in the main room either. We studied the floor plans for both last night trying to invsion our lifestyle. Time to kick it into gear and see if we can line up the financing.
Barbarian Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:56 AM   #5
limey

LOL! I forgot to mention the arched ceiling. We were going to buy a used Montana until we saw the "new for 2012" arched ceiling - it allows me to stand up straight in the bedroom and also helps with a feeling of space!

Anxiously awaiting March 17th when I drag it out of storage and head for Florida!

Eric & Mary (& George)
Montana 3150RL
Dodge RAM 2500, Cummins
Pentwater, Michigan
limey is offline   Reply With Quote