Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #21
cvizgo

It has a 30A converter. I was just asking cause I looked at camping world and saw the plug to hook 30A to 50A. Why would they make that if it wasn't alright?
2011 Keystone Passport 3050
cvizgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:02 AM   #22
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvizgo View Post
It has a 30A converter. I was just asking cause I looked at camping world and saw the plug to hook 30A to 50A. Why would they make that if it wasn't alright?
It is alright to plug your 30 amp RV into a 50 amp outlet using the appropriate adaptor. All else being equal, there's just not advantage to it.

It's good to carry all kinds of adaptors. Back when I had a 30 amp RV, i have stayed at an RV park which had nothing but 50 amp service outlets. Without an adaptor, I would have had no power.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #23
cvizgo

So I need more help with this battery thing guys. I've learned that when the a/c fridge and water heater are all on I'm bound to blow a circuit. So I've ran the water heater off lpg the rest of my vacation and had no problems. Tonight I had everything off in the camper as my wife and I sat outside by the fire. We came in and she's showering before bed. I notice the inside lights are very dim. All that was on was the inside lights, bathroom light and bathroom fan and next thing you know my fridge and radio start flashing simotaniously, I check the battery and it's as low as the reading will show. What the heck is going on? I turned all lights and fan off and the radio and fridge stopped. I turn lights back on and they are dim again! What's draining my battery? Why is this issue happening? Someone told me its bad to disconnect the battery while I'm plugged in, is this really true? Ok an now as I'm writing this my wife turns bedroom light on and very things bright again??? Just checked battery and it's at full power! Please someone, if you can understand all of this please help me!!! I love my camper I love camping I love my truck I love my wife but I hate I can't figure this out!! Thanks in advance for your help!
2011 Keystone Passport 3050
cvizgo is offline   Reply With Quote