Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
Ruffus

Question Flat Screen TV Mount

Good morning all. We just purchased a new sprinter fifthwheel. My wonderful wife wants me to mount a 37inch flat screen LCD TV where the current 32 inch tv is mounted. Has anyone tried this. I have no idea what kind of studding are in these interior walls. Any info is appreciated.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Congratulations on your new trailer. If the 32" is wall mounted the same mount should fit a 37". Measure the screw hole pattern on the back of both sets .... if they are the same the mount should be rated for your new set. I wish my wife would make me put a bigger tv in my trailer ..... I'm jealous, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Ruffus

Wink TV Mount

Thanks Hank. My wife is just spoiled, thats the TV I bought for her in the bedroom and she doen't want another one bought for the bedroom in the trailer. I'll do some measuring tomorrow, thanks again.
Fulltimng.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
Steersall4

of course the walls/framing in these things are NOT MUCH. having an 04 Cougar and spend lots of the winter in S. texas in it, I carefuly rearraned our entertainment cntr. to accomodate a 32". But knowing there was not much in that wall and the shower on the other side decided NOT to mount the thing. IT only weighs 27# so when we are out ON THE ROAD it lays on its back in the center of the bed. have had a couple near panic stops and it has never shifted one bit. worse case I have to take it out and lay it on the bed before I run the slide out IN. this (magnavox) has a DVD player built in the pedistal and does not show, only the slot. when all is set up it looks as tho the TV belongs there.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Ruffus

Thanks

That gives me more to think about, thanks for the ideas.
Fulltimng.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
Steersall4

I should have mentioned too that the TV has rode like that from N. Indiana to South Texas and back 3 times, and once a month all over Indiana the last 3 yrs. I reckon it has just enough weight to keep it right in the middle of the bed !!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
soundman
Permanent User Ban

TV Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
Good morning all. We just purchased a new sprinter fifthwheel. My wonderful wife wants me to mount a 37inch flat screen LCD TV where the current 32 inch tv is mounted. Has anyone tried this. I have no idea what kind of studding are in these interior walls. Any info is appreciated.
Hello Jim
Most flat panel tv mounts a universal, you maybe able to use the same mount from the 32". You should be able to lift the tv from the wall mount remove the bracket from the 32", mount it to the 37" and place it back on the wall mount.
Keep me posted.
soundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:20 AM   #8
jpatt

TV mount replacement

We have a new (to us) 2009 Cougar 5ver and the previous folks took the TV mount..not the wall plate. I don't see any markings on the wall plate. Does anyone know where to get the TV mount portion?
jpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #9
Clemdog

"We have a new (to us) 2009 Cougar 5ver and the previous folks took the TV mount..not the wall plate. I don't see any markings on the wall plate. Does anyone know where to get the TV mount portion?"

Try monoprice.com for flat panel mounts and adaptors.
Clemdog is offline   Reply With Quote