Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2014, 04:24 AM   #1
lolaandrush

2014 Cougar 280 RLS Kitchen Slide

I noticed the gas line has a bad crimp in it. I mover slide-out in and seen where the gas line was doubling up. My brother-in-law (Johnny Goodwrench) and I got up under and using the remote control I ran in slide-out and we watched as the line doubled up. Not good at all. Now for the FIFTH time in the first five months of us owning our first RV I've got to take it back to dealership with another issue. I've called Keystone and that's been a waste. They haven't acted like they give a crap. So now I read here about someone getting a reply by phone from the warranty manager. Wish I had his number. Oh well life goes and smit happens.
lolaandrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:30 AM   #2
GaryWT

Sorry you are having issues with the camper. Too bad everything was not found at once so you could have made one trip. Our first trailer we took it back after the first trip to have 8-10 things fixed. Our current trailer we brought it in after the first year for 2 things. Stuff happens for sure. If your dealer is good, they will take care of it with no need for Keystone to be involved. I have always dealt with just the dealer. I never call Ford or Honda so I don't think I would ever call Keystone.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I have been concerned with any propane flex line that is in a slide since the manufacturers started using them. That's not to say they aren't "reliable" or "safe" but rather that I am concerned that eventually they will probably fail. They should not, however, fail in the first year. Things happen, that's why you have a warranty. It's better you complain about the kinked line than to complain about the dealership ignoring your problem. Take it back, have it fixed and move on. You say you've been back 5 times for repairs. Why not keep a list and at the end of the season, get it all done at once. Surely the repairs you needed weren't all "immediate needs" ???

If your dealership is a distance away, a 5 foot flexible high pressure propane line can be manufactured for you (with quality materials, not Chinese "junk") at your local propane supplier. Just take your old hose in and they can build you a new one, probably for less than $20. So, if your dealership is some distance away and you have plans to use your RV before they can get your repair scheduled, it may benefit you to not even use the warranty, but fix it yourself. It may well be cheaper than the fuel to drag it back for repairs.

As for calling Keystone, as stated above, I have never called Keystone with a warranty issue or with a complaint about my Springdale or my Cougar. That's what the dealership is for, if you let them do their job, it will likely be much more efficient and certainly less "painful" than you sitting on the phone, explaining a problem to someone who isn't in a position to help you anyway. Remember that the "customer service rep" at Keystone is not authorized to take your word for anything, they can only listen and then suggest you contact your nearest dealership for service. I wonder how many people would be calling them asking for "stuff" if the word got out that "keystone always gives you what you need when you call them"..... And, how many of those "new callers" would really even have a Keystone RV?

Being prudent and requiring a "dealer verification" before taking action is just a part of business practice. Try asking Ford for a new gas line because the one on your truck is kinked..... First words you'll hear in response are, "Please take your truck to any authorized dealership for repair." You'll never get Ford to send you a replacement !!!

Good Luck,

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote