Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
schutze5

Exclamation Disapointed and Frustrated!!!!

I am currently a very dissatisfied owner of a Sprinter by Keystone Bunkhouse travel trailer. The unit was purchased 2 years ago when we upgraded from a Cherokee. Unfortunatley that has proven to be a big mistake for us. Our Keystone has had several on-going problems since the day that we began camping with it. The unit has been repaired over 4 times now for leaking in the center slide out. We have also had issues with drawer assemblies and even had to order 2 additional aero bed matresses for the pull out bed.

This year as we were closing up for the season we noticed an extreme amount of mold in and around the dinnette. This is after having mutiple service repairs done on the slide out within the first year of ownership. We are now being told that it will cost over $2500.00 to not only correctly repair the slide out but to replace the bench seating, carpet etc. This camper was meant to be a vacation home for us and our small children. It has turned into a money bit based on the quality issues.
schutze5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
schutze5

Anyone have any luck working with Keystone to come to a resolution? I need some advice.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

I have been fortunate enough not to have any major issues with our 2008 Cougar so I haven't had to deal with Keystone or the dealer. There are, however, several forum members who have had dealings with Keystone - some positive and some negative. Hopefully, those members who have dealt with Keystone will be able to give you some helpful advice and suggestions.

You didn't mention if you had contacted Keystone when the problems you had started to surface or what kind of service you received from the dealer or repair facility that worked on your leaking slide. Obviously, whoever did the repair work did not do a particularly good job if it took four attempts to stop the leaking. Does it still leak?

You might let us know what kind of success or treatment you got from your dealer. Your Keystone warranty has expired which makes your situation more frustrating and difficult. Hopefully, our members who have had to deal with Keystone will chime in and help you out.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
Terrydactile

Sorry for your on-going problems. I personally have not had to deal with Keystone but did have a few things repaired under warranty that my Dealer took care off. One of those involved a leaking slide. The dealer claimed they repaired a wiper seal on top that was not flipping correctly. I decided while it was in for repairs that I would have a slide topper installed for added protection against any future slide leaks. It also has other benefits like keeping leafs and such from collecting on the slide out roof which if not removed can enter your TT living space when the sldie is retracted.

So I said all of that to say...although installing a slide topper may not fix the leak it will prevent it from leaking from the top. We've had our TT in some torrential monsoons and it has not leaked a drop. Even in windy conditions we've not experienced any water on the sldie roof. We are extremely happy we purchased the topper. So maybe a topper can help with your leaking slide.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
richfaa

Well I can't resolve your problem in deaing with Keystone. We have had over the 42 months of ownership with our 06 Montana 3400 several problems that required Keystone attention. problems reported in the first year of ownership and under warranty were resolved without issue. We have also had problems resolved by the Keystone service center since then also without issue. We will call the Keystone service center, explain our problem and ask them if they can help. In some cases the problem is with a vendor and the vendor warranty may be longer than the Keystone 1 year bumper to bumper warranty. I can not explain why I had no problems in dealing with Keystone and you and others have???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
Bengalsfans

09 Passport

I purchased a 09 Passport Ultra Lite in Maoy of 09. Unfortunately I(WE) only got to use it I a couple times because of of my work schedule. I'm retired now and hope to use it extensively this year. I have only had one problem with the TT, and that was hot water heater would'nt ignite on electric. Took it back to Dealer and hopefully it was fixed. Have'nt been able to use it since they fixed it. I was told the problem was a loose wire.I talked to the salesman about some of the issues that have been posted here.His remarks to me were,"this dealership has been in business for several years and we have over 1 million dollars in loans and we have to keep turning over our inventory. But,if at any time you ever have a problem with your TT you come to me and I will personally take care of it." He even gave me his cell phone # to call if after hours or it's his day off.
Bengalsfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
schutze5

Angry Still frustrated and disapointed

Well, it has been 2 weeks now and I am continuing to work with Keystone. It is very frustrating. The customer service folks are not well trained and not great listeners. In fact today I escalated to a manager, who seemed to be willing to step up........ Until he had the same rep call me back with an update......UGH
Old 09-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
Pennsylvaniasprinter

I am a current owner of a newly purchased Sprinter. We have had slideout problems/motor since 3 weeks after we purchased it. We are dealing with Keystone directly and it has been quite frustrating. Although they are helpful, they dont quite understand our frustration with owning a new RV and having to take it back for repairs 5 times for the same issue. Now our trailer requires "surgery" on the whole slide out system. We only have used the camper 1 weekend with no problems since we purchased it in April. It has spent more time in the repair center than camping. How did you make out with all your issues?
Pennsylvaniasprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #9
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Welcome to the Keystone family.... I wish you luck but even such trivial things like decals shrinking have been stonewalled by Keystone. ( and decals are an advertisement for them)
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
Pennsylvaniasprinter

I am so distressed right now. After having our camper for 3 weeks Keystone called and said it is completely fixed and it will not fail again. We were told we could pick up our camper. I asked if the remote was working to the slide and Carmen at Keystone said "the slide is completely fixed". Guess what.....when using the remote to slide the camper out...there is a "voltage problem"! I got a call (after I already left work an hour early) that they would like to keep the camper for another day to repair this issue.

The repair place never even knew the slideout had a remote although the has been talking heavily to Lippert and Keystone. I was the first to mention it.
He said when he called Keystone, they said "this has been an ongoing problem with this camper". But nobody failed to mention it.

I just am amazed that she can go out on that twig and say "It will not fail".
Pennsylvaniasprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 AM   #11
geo

Angry Another warranty complaint on Keystone

I too am having problems with Keystone. I will make a separate post later concerning the Alpine 3640RL, however . . .

If you want to have first hand experience at a totally clueless Customer Service Representative at Keystone, contact:

Susan Christophel, Customer Service Retail
[email protected]
1-866-425-4369
Fax: 1-866-273-1451

In response to a pinched freshwater fill line that Keystone installed with two right angle bends, she says that the warranty will be voided it this is modified. Modified so that the right angle bends will not constrict the water flow so the water system can be sanitized! When I pointed out that the black water tank valve release wire was labeled Gray Water 1, and the gray water tank 1 valve release wire was labeled Black Water Tank, she totally ignored this problem, and warned me that my warranty would be voided if any modifications were made.

More later, but needless to say, Keystone's Customer Service is non-existant. I am going to attempt to contact the Alpine General Manager, but I don't hold out too much hope. So far, my DW and I have spent one night in this fiver at a local campground - we carried bottled water to drink, used the campground's toilet facilities, and drove home to take a shower! That's Keystone Camping!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #12
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo View Post
I too am having problems with Keystone.
In response to a pinched freshwater fill line that Keystone installed with two right angle bends, she says that the warranty will be voided it this is modified. Modified so that the right angle bends will not constrict the water flow so the water system can be sanitized! When I pointed out that the black water tank valve release wire was labeled Gray Water 1, and the gray water tank 1 valve release wire was labeled Black Water Tank, she totally ignored this problem, and warned me that my warranty would be voided if any modifications were made.
That's Keystone Camping!

Ron
Typical very typical... I am not sure how Keystone has managed to stay in business. Ask some of us "old timers" to tell you why Keystone line workers are called "Keystonners"
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #13
pmoyer

I had to call the BBB to get any results
pmoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #14
schutze5

Here we go again. Same exact issue with second slide

Here we go again the same issue that is described below has now happened with our back slide. These units apparently are just not quality construction.

What can be done here. We have a camper that currently cannot be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schutze5 View Post
I am currently a very dissatisfied owner of a Sprinter by Keystone Bunkhouse travel trailer. The unit was purchased 2 years ago when we upgraded from a Cherokee. Unfortunatley that has proven to be a big mistake for us. Our Keystone has had several on-going problems since the day that we began camping with it. The unit has been repaired over 4 times now for leaking in the center slide out. We have also had issues with drawer assemblies and even had to order 2 additional aero bed matresses for the pull out bed.

This year as we were closing up for the season we noticed an extreme amount of mold in and around the dinnette. This is after having mutiple service repairs done on the slide out within the first year of ownership. We are now being told that it will cost over $2500.00 to not only correctly repair the slide out but to replace the bench seating, carpet etc. This camper was meant to be a vacation home for us and our small children. It has turned into a money bit based on the quality issues.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #15
BirchyBoy

Not sure if it will help or not, but the Trailer Life magazine published by the Good Sam club has a section where you can write in with an issue and they may advocate for you. There has been a few published with great results. They don't publish the failed attempts, though.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #16
schutze5

Thank you

I appreciate the information. I will try this route too.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:41 PM   #17
grayghost03

Are we discussing a 7 year old unit. If so, you as the owner are responsible for monitoring and replace all seals. If you are having leakage, check seals and sealant including roof. Or plan on more leaks. Nothing last forever and normal maintenance requires resealing these units. It is in your owners manual. I can understand problems in the first year being address with manufacture, second year if not corrected properly, but 7 years?
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #18
schutze5

way to show customers how Keystone plans to treat them!

Never have I seen such a horrible response within a forum that a addresses consumers who spend 10s of thousands of dollars with you. It is my fault you build inferior products. And now you speak to me as tho I am a criminal. I hope all take head of your response and you better believe I will use all of my resources to share EVERYWHERE what is to be expected from your company. I could have understood a response for more information or request to go offline to discuss but this?????
Old 07-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #19
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by schutze5 View Post
Never have I seen such a horrible response within a forum that a addresses consumers who spend 10s of thousands of dollars with you. It is my fault you build inferior products. And now you speak to me as tho I am a criminal. I hope all take head of your response and you better believe I will use all of my resources to share EVERYWHERE what is to be expected from your company. I could have understood a response for more information or request to go offline to discuss but this?????
schutze5,

I don't know who the heck you think you're corresponding with, but it does appear that you think "we" (members of this forum) are the Keystone factory. Please scroll to the bottom of EVERY forum webpage and read what's there in RED, plainly listed and worded so that there's no mistake that we are NOT associated with Keystone RV in any way. We are simply a group of Keystone RV owners and prospective owners who share information.

Nearly every one of "US" has also spent thousands of our "hard earned dollars" on Keystone products... Nobody is talking to you "as tho you're a criminal" and we'd all appreciate you talking to us as owners of Keystone RV's, by not threatening us with how you're going to get even with "our company" "

Simply stated, "We are NOT "the company" and you are simply barking up the wrong tree here. So how about cooling off, reading the RED disclaimer, and if you're looking for information or suggestions on how you might repair your RV or find a means to resolution, we'd be happy to share what has worked for us, but if you're looking to "raise hell with the owner's of the company", you'd be better served by contacting Keystone RV. You can find their contact information at: www.keystonerv.com.

Thanks and good luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #20
mazboy123

a 2011?

I've had lots of issues with my previous 2 montanas ...MAJOR problems, and they have always been great.

as for your 5th wheel I can't help see that you are out of warranty so what's the problem? have you had this trailer since it was new?????

the pinched line is something that should be fairly easy to correct. as for the elbows 90 degree turns as fine for fresh water, not sure what that issue is.

as for the mislabeling, just change the labels.

everything you have identified is really a non issue in my way of thinking, sorry.
mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote