Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Keithlakenorman

Leak Manufacturer Defect

Took a 2008 Keystone Hideout in to the local authorized service center for the yearly roof check, conditioning and general maintenance but there was also an issue of concern with a small area on the floor. When stepped on it made a slight cracking noise.

Dealer explained that there is water damage under the vinyl so a cut was made to inspect further. When the vinyl was pulled back there was mold and bad wood decking.

This morning we received a call from the service manager explaining that the roof was in excellent condition but there was a leak under the shower area. I explained that the shower had never been used so they investigated further.

Conclusion: The drain from the kitchen sink is connected to a fitting under the shower. However when manufactured the pipe from the kitchen sink was never glued into the fitting under the shower causing a slow leak. This wouldn’t have been discovered if the dehumidifier that sits on the counter and runs 24/7 to keep the RV dry and smelling new wasn’t draining the water in the kitchen sink.

Discovery Past the 1 year warranty period but defect was present at time of purchase and now toxic mold issues.

Estimated repair for damages 6,000.00 to 10,000.00 dollars and this doesn’t include air born mold issues.
As a Public Insurance Adjuster this is a issue that I expect to represent clients in situations like this but never expect to deal with them myself.

Keystone was contacted today and made aware of the problem.
Will let you all know what happens.
Keithlakenorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
haffcke

leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithlakenorman View Post
Took a 2008 Keystone Hideout in to the local authorized service center for the yearly roof check, conditioning and general maintenance but there was also an issue of concern with a small area on the floor. When stepped on it made a slight cracking noise.

Dealer explained that there is water damage under the vinyl so a cut was made to inspect further. When the vinyl was pulled back there was mold and bad wood decking.

This morning we received a call from the service manager explaining that the roof was in excellent condition but there was a leak under the shower area. I explained that the shower had never been used so they investigated further.

Conclusion: The drain from the kitchen sink is connected to a fitting under the shower. However when manufactured the pipe from the kitchen sink was never glued into the fitting under the shower causing a slow leak. This wouldn’t have been discovered if the dehumidifier that sits on the counter and runs 24/7 to keep the RV dry and smelling new wasn’t draining the water in the kitchen sink.

Discovery Past the 1 year warranty period but defect was present at time of purchase and now toxic mold issues.

Estimated repair for damages 6,000.00 to 10,000.00 dollars and this doesn’t include air born mold issues.
As a Public Insurance Adjuster this is a issue that I expect to represent clients in situations like this but never expect to deal with them myself.

Keystone was contacted today and made aware of the problem.
Will let you all know what happens.
well what happend? Phil
haffcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Phil, it is not uncommon for some members to join, tell us about a problem, then disappear. Chances are, we probably won't hear from this person so don't expect a reply soon.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
Keithlakenorman

Phil,

Latest is that Keystone has decided to transport the Hideout back to Goshen Indiana and do a full repair. They will be picking it up on April 9th 2012.

It appears Keystone RV Company is taking care of the situation. They first said I would need to contact my insurance company but that simply would cause more problems as the insurance company would subrogate the cost back to Keystone.

Will give an update when I know more or if you have questions, send me a Private Message.
Keithlakenorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

Any closer to the solution.....new trailer?
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote