Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
Diesel Dude

Thumbs down Camping World Vacaville,Ca purchase experience

Wasn't sure where to put this thanks for your time.
I am writing this email after weeks of thought. We purchased a 2012 Keystone Laredo from your Roseville,Ca location in 2012. We had a great experience and always thought if we were to buy a new rv we would try and buy it from CW again.

January 2014 we found our next rv a 2014 Keystone Fuzion 395. We found the rv at a show almost 100 miles away and negotiated the deal thru our same salesman we bought our first rv from who is based out of the Roseville, Ca location. At the time of negotiation we were told we could pick up the trailer in Roseville since it is our local dealership. We also gave our sales person John a short list of things we wanted fixed to make the trailer into new unit condition. Once it came time to schedule the delivery of our trailer we were told Roseville was "to busy for us" and we would have to pick it up at CW's Vacaville location almost 50 miles away. We were excited to pick up our new trailer and reluctantly agreed to make the drive.
On the day of delivery we arrived on time and were shuffled into 2 different offices and dealt with 2 different people to finish our paperwork. Neither of which was our original salesman. Once the paperwork was completed we were pointed in the direction of the trailer. The trailer was closed up and not hooked up to shore power. After my wife and I waited 15 minutes for someone to walk us thru the unit a CW employee came out from the repair shop and said he would be walking us thru the coach. The items we requested to be fixed were in fact never touched. Trim was falling off the wall, the trailer was filthy, water spots, dirt,stain in the carpet, tear in the screen door, scratch in the front cap etc. We were told by the mechanic that he does not normally do walk thru, that person was off on medical leave. He then hooked up the trailer to power and started to walk us thru the coach. We were not able to verify that the fridge, generator,AC,heater, water pump and water heater worked because nothing was on prior to us arriving. During the walk thru I asked for the trailer to be cleaned again then was told by the detail crew that it would take to long and they disappeared.
When it came time to hook up the trailer to my vehicle the mechanic said it looked like the 5th wheel was a little nose low and that I should look into that. I asked him isn't that part of the delivery process and he said that he was to busy to do it and I could schedule an appointment to do it.
I have since gone thru the trailer and made most of the repairs my self. With you tube and the internet I have taught myself how most of the systems work. I also just had the trailer fully detailed (although you would think it is a silly thing to do since it was a "new unit") at a cost of over $600.

Part of the reason why it took me so long to send this email is I was waiting for a follow up phone call from Camping World to see how my rv and experience was. This never happened. I am very unhappy with the lack of professionalism from your dealership. After my experience I am not really surprised why CW of Vacaville has such bad yelp and google reviews. This will not be our last rv we purchase but might be the last one from Camping World. I am not really asking for anything from Camping World for my experience but some customer concern would be nice. I own my own automotive parts manufacturing business. I have 37 employees although small scale compared to Camping World I know I would want to know if a customer had a bad experience while purchasing from my company. Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Brian George
Diesel Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:20 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Great letter, Brian. I'd urge you to make sure a copy gets emailed to Marcus Lemonis, the CW CEO. He has a "customer comments" email address and it's set up for this type of comment. He has said that he reads every email sent to him and takes action to resolve problems. The link to the "contact us" page at CW is here: http://www.campingworld.com/contact/

Good Luck,

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:43 AM   #3
byrdr1

Post it over on the other board. If you need the name I'll give it to you. BUT they are owned by CW group, Affinity Corp/group??? they have a forum just for things like this. they seem to be proactive on that too.
JMHO,
randy
PS sorry for the crappy walk through and follow through..rb

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #4
Diesel Dude

Thanks guys. Before I posted this on the forum I did send it to the email address on the other guys forum. I sent it to them yesterday at 6pm ish. Today at 10am I had a phone call from CW corporate at 10:30 I received an email from them and by 11 I received a phone call from the Vacaville stores general manager. He was aware of some of the issues but not all of them. He is the new gm and was very pro active and sympathetic to the problems I had. I was very pleased with CW's response and concern. Although I would have liked the situation to have gone differently they handled the after effect professionally and swiftly.
Diesel Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:56 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

It's good to know that CW is really doing what they advertise to do. Thanks very much for the update. Let's hope this is the last issue you have with your new RV and from here on out that it's happy camping !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote