Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
murray5476

Angry Problems with Keystone Alpine

My husband and I just purchased a 2010 Keystone Alpine 5th Wheel from Sirpilla RV in Akron, Ohio. Brought it home July 17, was back in the camper 1 weekend later, and it has been back at Sirpillas ever since waiting warranty repair First we discovered a water leak in the bottom of camper, the AC was not cooling, and the refrigerator not cooling in electric mode. plus other small problems. The camper has been in the shop for 3 weeks, we are still waiting for parts that were ordered. Keystone has not even decided that their is a problem with the refrigerator yet.... It cooled just fine when it was running on propane, but when switched to electricity, the temp rose about 5 degrees. Supposedly, the dealership is running test on the refrigerator, after being in the shop for 3 weeks. We are not happy with our purchase at all. All we want is to be able to enjoy a camper that works. Has anyone else had problems with Warranty issues??
murray5476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 AM   #2
antiqfreq

Please keep us informed of your issue with your Alpine.

Sometimes when you first get your new camper there will be a few things wrong with it and hopefully your dealer/repair center will be proficient in detecting and solving your problems.

Certainly stay on top of them. Sometimes the smallest of problems can take forever to get the parts. I've had that 'one' part I am waiting for take weeks.
Lucky for me it wasn't a part that stopped us from using our RV.

Again, keep us informed of your situation and best of luck!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Kdaniel29

Good luck. We bought a 2010 Keystone Sprinter and after the first heavy rainfall, noticed that the slide was leaking. We took back to the dealer to repair under warranty. Dealer said they could not find the leak. Kind of hard to believe since there was about 4 in. of water in the camper. Anyway, they informed Keystone and Keystone denied the warranty work. I took it to another dealer, they found the leak in 5 minutes. Since the original dealer informed them they could not find the leak, they again denied responsibility. I stayed on top of this for 6 months, calling both the dealer and Keystone regularly. (Practically every day.) Spoke to a lawyer and he was willing to take the case but said it would cost more than if I turned it into my insurance.

Moral to the story: Don't buy Keystone. They suck.
Kdaniel29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdaniel29 View Post
Good luck.

You got that right....
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
soundman
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdaniel29 View Post
Good luck. We bought a 2010 Keystone Sprinter and after the first heavy rainfall, noticed that the slide was leaking. We took back to the dealer to repair under warranty. Dealer said they could not find the leak. Kind of hard to believe since there was about 4 in. of water in the camper. Anyway, they informed Keystone and Keystone denied the warranty work. I took it to another dealer, they found the leak in 5 minutes. Since the original dealer informed them they could not find the leak, they again denied responsibility. I stayed on top of this for 6 months, calling both the dealer and Keystone regularly. (Practically every day.) Spoke to a lawyer and he was willing to take the case but said it would cost more than if I turned it into my insurance.

Yea they suck, my warranty work never happened. I was reading my latest Trailer Life and all the Action Line problems were from (guess who) Keystone customers. I certainly will never purchase another Keystone Product.
soundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
dsniper22

The dealership that I purchased my Alpine 3500 from in Ohio was great. They went over the whole unit when it came in from the factory and found a bunch of little issues. One of the little issues was that the fridge wouldn't cool on elec mode, so the tech somehow reset the circuit board or something like that. I asked him if it was a simple procedure that i could do if it happened again and he said not a chance. The fride works great now and all the bugs that they located are fixed. I've found a couple small leaks, one under the sink and I don't know where its coming from yet( extremely small leak), and another one in the shower surround where it was leaking out onto the floor. Who ever installed the glass surround and door did a pathetic job with the silicone. 1 - $5 tube of silicone later and the leak was fixed (2 different spots).
Old 11-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #7
LI Happy amper

2010 Alpine

I hope I dont have any warranty issues with Keystone. The dealer I purchaed my Alpine 3500RE is over 300 miles from my house so we have been waiting until the end of the season to get all the repairs done and we are taking it in saturday. We have a list of 22 issues that need to be fixed.

1. Small crack in sidewall fiberglass
2. When hooked up to tow vehicle, sidewall seperates from bottom
3. Rear cap under RV expanded and bowed now leaving a huge gap
4. Spare tire winch broken
5. Leak in underbelly. Sags badly and when driving water comes out
6. Drawers tracks not aligned properly
7. Electric awning arms not aligned when closed
8. Hot water heater on propane keeps on resetting and won't light
9. Couch ripped and fraying. Piece of crap. Need replacement
10. Moldings coming off inside RV
11. Side wheel fender flare brackets both broken. Fender flaps in wind
12. License plate holder way off center in rear of RV.
13. Battery compartment door not closing properly
14. Motor for landing gear making loud winding noise and pops braker
15. Thermostat lettering for buttons completely gone
16. Rear ladder steps all braking
17. Furnace fan rubbing real loud when heat is on
18. Pantry has screws coming through everywhere. Cut my wife bad!
19. Winterization inlet will not pump antifreeze when pump is on
20. Cabinet where washer/dryer hookup is pulling of wall
21. Short in cable wire through RV picture will not come in
22. Graphics peeling off already

I hope I can get all these issues taken care of with little hassle. When I spoke to the Keystone rep at the Hershey RV show I told him all the issues I had and he said if I have any problems with warranty to call im direct.
LI Happy amper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
Murray0512

Regardless of what vendor puts in what it is keystone as manufacture they should make it right with buyer then go after vendor then change vendor if need be if something went wrong with your car say radio burnt up and still under warranty the dealer would replace it not tell to see the vendor RV industry needs better laws to help buyer
Murray0512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #9
turbopilot51

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray5476 View Post
My husband and I just purchased a 2010 Keystone Alpine 5th Wheel from Sirpilla RV in Akron, Ohio. Brought it home July 17, was back in the camper 1 wYeekend later, and it has been back at Sirpillas ever since waiting warranty repair First we discovered a water leak in the bottom of camper, the AC was not cooling, and the refrigerator not cooling in electric mode. plus other small problems. The camper has been in the shop for 3 weeks, we are still waiting for parts that were ordered. Keystone has not even decided that their is a problem with the refrigerator yet.... It cooled just fine when it was running on propane, but when switched to electricity, the temp rose about 5 degrees. Supposedly, the dealership is running test on the refrigerator, after being in the shop for 3 weeks. We are not happy with our purchase at all. All we want is to be able to enjoy a camper that works. Has anyone else had problems with Warranty issues??
Where do I start? Keyless entry pad was defective, replaced. Kitchen slide making lots of noise going in and out, caused by poor construction workmanship. Water leak on the black tank flush that flooded my kitchen floor, again poor construction workmanship. Heat pump not working and digital thermost not working correctly. Replaced the data cable and a/c control boards. Hydraulic pump tripping the mini breaker, new pump and motor was installed. Refrigerator door lock malfunction causing and large dent in refrigerator door. Still waiting for door to be replaced. Now the refrigerator is acting up, the saga never ends!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote