Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
jerseyphil

Shower Head--On/Off Button ISSUE

With only a 6 Gallon Water Heater, it would help to have a shower head On/Off button that stops the flow 100%. Mine does NOT.

Anyone else have this problem?
Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks, Phil
jerseyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:37 AM   #2
kenn209

Ours does the same. We take Navy showers to conserve on Hot water. I guess we could always use the campground showers. Could try a different shower head? I know a few people who have changed out the 6 gallon to a continuous hot water...
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:09 AM   #3
jerseyphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn209 View Post
Ours does the same. We take Navy showers to conserve on Hot water. I guess we could always use the campground showers. Could try a different shower head? I know a few people who have changed out the 6 gallon to a continuous hot water...
I did a search on both this forum and RV.net. Seems like none of the RV shower heads are designed to completely stop the flow. I purchased a Danco shut-off valve yesterday and tried it. That dribbled also. I am just not happy with the dribble.

It seems to me Somebody must make a real in-line shut off valve I can use. I am considering an actual hardware store type item. Some additional research needed.

On the continuous water heater item..... I'm OK with the 6 gallon heater. I just want to be able to completely shut off the flow. I HATE the dribble.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:24 AM   #4
rjsurfer

RV shower heads are designed not to shut off the water flow completely, supposedly to help keep the water temps even so no scalding can occur?

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #5
Ruffus

Talking Shut off valve

I went down to HD and bought a shower shut off valve (push button, on off) for $6 and mounted it at the bottom of the shower hose where it attachs to the hot and cold water valves. It's a normal 1/2 inch fitting. We still take Navy showers like the Navy Seal Team 6 did to Pakistan, Get in, get the job done and get out!
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
jerseyphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
I went down to HD and bought a shower shut off valve (push button, on off) for $6 and mounted it at the bottom of the shower hose where it attachs to the hot and cold water valves. It's a normal 1/2 inch fitting. We still take Navy showers like the Navy Seal Team 6 did to Pakistan, Get in, get the job done and get out!
That is exactly what I did..... bought a Danco push button on/off shut-off valve from Home Depot. I put it in and I still had the dribble.... not as much, but it was a steady stream. If it was just a drop, drop, drop, I would have been OK with it. BUT, nope.

Thanks for your input,
Phil
Old 06-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #7
mobile42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
Ruffus, you got that right....Ooh Rah!!
4000 Watt Champion Generator

2007 Keystone Sprinter 264BHS TT
2005 Flagstaff Forest River TT
mobile42 is offline   Reply With Quote