Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2024, 11:35 AM   #1
Goldie5431

2022 Cougar slide will not retract

Brand new to owning a travel tailor. Purchased a used 2022 Keystone Cougar 22MLS about a month ago. Getting ready to head out next week for a quick trip. However, the slide will go out but not not come back in. I was able to located the wires on the in command center that connect to the slide motor. By reversing the polarity using my portable drill battery I am able to close the slide. My question is......is there a bad relay somewhere? And where would it be? Its not behind the Command Center. I've tried to trouble shot everything as best I can with my limited knowledge. Ant ideas?
Goldie5431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 11:58 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

The InCommand BCM (body control module) has the relays and is usually located in the front compartment area, may be behind a panel.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 04:33 PM   #3
Goldie5431

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Welcome to the forum

The InCommand BCM (body control module) has the relays and is usually located in the front compartment area, may be behind a panel.

Thank you!!!
Goldie5431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 05:58 PM   #4
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Welcome to the forum

Replacement relays are available on Amazon. They are an automotive type relay. Just look up the part number.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:47 AM   #5
Jack Sprat

Had exact same problem with one slide and the awning, would go out, but not come back in. Even the electric switch override wasn't working. I could hear the relay clicking but no power to the motor. I Pushed on the relays a wee bit and it worked. I removed the PCB and found the solder joints holding the relay holder in place were 'pitted' - i.e not making a great connection. I have resoldered all the pins, makes a lot more contact now. I ordered 12 new relays off Amazon for good measure. I refit next week, but I'm positive thats the issue. btw, new PCB anywhere form $800 up....
Jack Sprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 12:16 PM   #6
Raptor Dave

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=55729

Not sure how much the relays are on amatwon but Jameco was 2.50 each.
The ones I received from Jameco had a metal bracket on them. Razor knife and 5 seconds of work removed them.

It's not camping...It's an adventure!
Raptor Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 07:41 PM   #7
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat View Post
Had exact same problem with one slide and the awning, would go out, but not come back in. Even the electric switch override wasn't working. I could hear the relay clicking but no power to the motor. I Pushed on the relays a wee bit and it worked. I removed the PCB and found the solder joints holding the relay holder in place were 'pitted' - i.e not making a great connection. I have resoldered all the pins, makes a lot more contact now. I ordered 12 new relays off Amazon for good measure. I refit next week, but I'm positive thats the issue. btw, new PCB anywhere form $800 up....
Pitted solder joints could be several process indicators. I’ll look at mine again with a loupe, but I’ve already began the thought process on rewiring to manual switches.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:50 PM   #8
Jack Sprat

Resolved

Just to finish the thread...
Installed the PCB after re-soldering the main power pins on the relay and everything works. I replaced all the relays with 'nilight' off of Amazon, $11 for 10, pretty sure the 'old' ones were fine as you can hear the click but no power to slides.
All is well, and saved over a grand...
Jack Sprat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, slide