Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2024, 12:09 PM   #1
Jack Sprat

SGS27 (202) - tank valve location

Okay folks, probably open for a little ridicule asking where the valves are (not the push rod location, thats all good). I have a leak, currently sorted using a twist on valve. i will determine which tank with food dye/elimination. It may be the cable or simply need adjusting/greasing.
I have asked Keystone, but answer is extremely vague - "we don't have schematics"
The question: I need to get access and cut the underbelly, has anyone been under/inside this model to work on the tanks and can direct me where the best place to cut to get access to the valve/valves on the tank itself? I have 2 gray, one black.
Thanks
Jack Sprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 12:13 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

My go-to tool is a snake scope (borescope?) that transmits to my iPhone. It is what I used when I had a tank leak and didn't want to cut unnecessary holes in the underbelly. Just pull down the belly at the edge just enough to poke the scope in there and look around, or poke a small hole and run the scope up through that and seal with caulking after. You can also pull up a floor heat register and pull the duct boot out to get a good look around the belly. Lots of options, but I love that scope!
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 01:35 PM   #3
Jack Sprat

good call - I have one, well thats a little embarrassing....
Jack Sprat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank