Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
harry33130

Angry stained ceiling keystone laredo 07

Hi Ibought a 07 laredo 315rl. when I went to pick it up they had the slide tore apart fixing the leak in the ceiling, I should have walked away then. but after one month brown stains started apearing across the ceiling on every rafter the whole trailer. one year later they are still getting darker. they told me it was the glue bleeding thru they wanted to paint it or repace the ceiling panels and put a trim around the walls. I told them they could take it back to the factory and do it properly or get me a new trailer they said no .This was a new trailer. now having trouble even talking to them.wont answer my calls. anyone else have this problem? check all keystone ceilings.any help would be appreciated thanks
harry33130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:57 AM   #2
roger

Angry roof leaks

My trailer is a 29bhs w/slide roof leaks around and over bunks smells like mold and its 2.5 months old and I have my lawyer on it now. It leaked the first trip out and on the third trip mold smell took over the trailer that Lysol couldn't knock down. Water damage on wood will turn to MOLD this is a biohazard and leads to other BIG health threats. The back that "leaks" thru is going to be mold. It needs to be removed, but remember that when removing about the spores that can be breathed in and spread thruout the trailer. People that don't know how to remove it can make it worse. Painting over the stains will not make it go away. Go to the library and get the DVD about mold I think it's called "Mold, The Biohazard" It will give you enough details that you'll think twice about not letting the pro's handle it.
I am a remodeler and building inspector and inform clients about the hazards of mold, and I bought a new trailer and guess what else I got for free with my trailer MOLD!!!!!!!
I was told by Keystone it's not mold but just a musty smell and I neede to "air out the trailer"
roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
lhealy

Don't let them tell you anything different than you feel it is. My Keystone Springdale has MOLD AND MUSHROOMS.. The smell is horrible! Stand your ground and make it work for you NOT them.
lhealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #4
roger

mold

I see my lawyer tomarrow, mold can grow in 24hrs after the water in interduced to a growing host-wood and with the right temps it will go nuts. Go to the library and check out the DVD about the mold hazards and health issues. The problems with it in the trailer is that when you move the trailer it moves the mold spores around and it gets into the clothes and fabric and everything else. GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
lhealy

Moldy Keystone

Hi,
We bought a Keystone camper in May of 2007. We were not told the camper had hail damage (camper came up from Indiana) when we bought the camper. That should have been our first red flag.Our dealer said they would fix the hail damage (whole street side needed to have the sheathing replaced and the slide) in the winter when our campgrounds close. They allegedly fixed it. Now we have black mold and along with the MOLD COMES MUSHROOMS. It smells and I am sure it is not healthy. Our toilet has been leaking like a waterfall, and the bedroom is leaking as well. From what we can tell it is not leaking from the windows or roof. We have lost alot of our season due to this issue. The dealer was trying to say it was our fault. I argued with them and now they will pick up the camper for the 2nd time. We have insisted that we will NOT take this camper back. We will get a new one, but I am pretty sure we WILL NOT be purchasing a Keystone camper. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT purchase a Keystone..HUGE MISTAKE!!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:52 AM   #6
lhealy

Keystone Springdale

Our dealer Sirpilla RV in Canton, OH is picking up our 2007 new Keystone Springdale RV in a couple of weeks. You know the one with the mold and mushrooms, the bathroom leaking (Sirpilla put in new toilet) and all the leaking in the master bedroom on the carpet). Went to the camper to check on it last weekend (09/21/08) to see what new mushrooms and mold has grown.... and oh boy... the newest mushroom is now coming out of the slide side. Sirpilla is having a company come in to test to see what kind of mold this is, as well as the air quality. I think that if this does not test black mold they will want me to take this camper back. NOT HAPPENING! I never would have had this problem if Sirpilla would have told me the camper had hail damage in the first place. They waited until I signed on the dotted line and my season was opening that week. They told me it would take 8wks. to order another camper like the one that is hail damaged. What timing!
I am still very determined NOT to take this camper back. I have contacted my attorney and the news team waiting. Just waiting to see what the outcome is. I have no problem taking this to court and putting this on TV. Will keep you updated..Oh yeah... Keystone said they have no record of my camper being damaged by hail. So since the dealer fixed it, it is out of Keystones hands. Keystone said they should have turned it over to their insurance company. The saga continues. Good luck with all of your problems.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
JBeebeX2

2004 Keystone Sprinter

My wife and I bought a Sprinter 5er in May of 2005 from Carolina Coach and Camper in Claremont, NC. It was a "leftover". It was an upgrade to a 5er with a slide out and a great length to pull with my 1/2 ton Chevy 4x4. This past Nov. 08 we had left the awning rolled out (stupidly) not thinking the wind was going to blow so hard. Well, it did. It pulled the awning out of the side of the camper. We called the dealer. CC and C and they told us to drop it off on Sunday on our way back from the NC mountains. We did. They called us and told us we had water damage that is why the awning didn't hold. They wanted us to come over. We did the following weekend (due to having jobs) they told us at that point the whole back wall had water damage and needed to be torn off and replaced. I had routinely maintained this unit. I had been on the roof at least 3X per year. Anything that even looked remotely suspicious, I caulked. The service manager pushed on a back seam (almost like he knew it was already there) and the whole side wall pushed in. The caulk was not broken, the caulk was still there. There appeared to be a normal seal. I never in my life have seen such an inferior product, piece of junk that if you maintain it on a regular basis and then they say too bad. You are basically out of luck. My wife was complaining constantly of a headache and sore throat whenever we went for a weekend. Now I know why. I have read all the posts on here about mold and mildew and am sure my unit has it. If the wind hadn't blown so hard it would have never pulled the awning out and we would have never known about this problem. Thank God it did! We could both be dead. The dealer, well, they said too bad. Out of warranty. Keystone, two letters later, too bad, out of warranty. GEICO said too bad. I turned it in twice. I have full coverage on the unit. Comprehensive should cover water damage folks! It is water damage and if you have full coverage on a unit it should cover it. Nope! GEICO said no. Now, I think I need to see an attorney. GEICO said it's a manufacturing defect. Isn't that what insurance is for???? Keystone is terrible. I have owned Layton, Prowler, and Hornet (my last 5th). I am seriously looking at Jayco!
JBeebeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
roger

warranty info

Everybody take out your warranty and read" Your Keystone dealer is responsible for proper service before delivery and will have a continued interest in your satisfaction" what a load of crap.
Read the warranty and see all of the things that they promise and don't stand behind.
If the dealership did anything they would have caught the trailer leaking before I bought it. Which I returned 2.5 months later.
The fight continues!