Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2024, 10:02 AM   #21
GlasNav

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiscapk View Post
I'm about 10 miles away from Walnut Grove. 117th and Antioch.
We love Hillsdale.
We store the Boat and Camper at the storage by the gas stations. Makes an easy trip!

We went once to Lake Miola last year in Paola. It's really small but all the sites are right by the water. Probably take the Gkids there this year.

I work for JE Dunn we built KUMC. Glad it's helping you 2 out!

How often do you come in? Glad the truck is doing you well where did you get it?
We were at Hillsdale a month or so ago when considering using it as our base during treatments. It was just after the ice melted in the lake, and the ground was still spongy. Getting to the point, road access to the beaches were blocked, but the trails were open. Walked our foster failure (we adopted him) dog down to the lake, while on the trail he found a rabbit something else had just killed and was proud of his discovery. When we got to the lake he went straight into the cold water and had a blast, think this was the first time he had seen a body of water and anything deeper than a puddle!

Since the Bell Hospital isn't new, I assume your firm constructed the Cambridge Tower? Nice facility, spent too long in there during 2020 when the surgeons all but field dressed me like a deer.
Is your firm slated to build the next tower when the time comes?

Truck was purchased from Ellis Boys Dodge Ram in Holton, KS. They move a lot of vehicles thru that business. Like the feeling, you aren't uncomfortable when dealing with that family.

For radiation, that requires the stays, a week or two a year. For chemo, every other week at Westwood on the corner of Mission Parkway and 169.

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 12:43 AM   #22
Fish-a-Palooza

If you were able to pull your trailer with a half ton and have no issues with sway, I would guess it would be even better with with a 1 ton dually. So I'll bet you won't need sway control. Only reason to have weight distribution would be if the trailer exceeds the truck hitch limits, squats the truck enough to raise the headlights too high, or make steering too light. Sounds like your trailer is set up well. I was able to tow my 2008 30ft 10K Komfort with a 2003 F250 without sway control as it tracked beautifully. I did however need weight distribution.

2022 Montana 3231CK, 12770 lb GVWR, 3910 lb Cargo
2020 F350 FX4, Crew, 8 ft, SRW, 6.7L, 10 Spd TX, 4177 lb P/L, 22K 5er towing, Anderson Ultimate Hitch.
Fish-a-Palooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:49 AM   #23
GlasNav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-a-Palooza View Post
If you were able to pull your trailer with a half ton and have no issues with sway, I would guess it would be even better with with a 1 ton dually. So I'll bet you won't need sway control. Only reason to have weight distribution would be if the trailer exceeds the truck hitch limits, squats the truck enough to raise the headlights too high, or make steering too light. Sounds like your trailer is set up well. I was able to tow my 2008 30ft 10K Komfort with a 2003 F250 without sway control as it tracked beautifully. I did however need weight distribution.
I agree with your thoughts on sway, the only time I ever experienced sway was back in the 90s when I moved a 30ft TT with a full size Bronco, that was interesting to say the least! This truck also has automatic airbag leveling, so the headlights aren't searching for owls at night or glaring into the faces of oncoming traffic.

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote