Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2024, 04:06 PM   #1
johnnyRV

slide topper 2020 Alpine

Are the gutters installed on my 2020 Alpine 3320 MK ready for slide topper ro will I have to remove and install the topper rail?
johnnyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 06:36 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Just look at the gutter, does it have an integrated awning rail? If not then you install a rail underneath the gutter.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:15 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

There are two types of aluminum extrusion used by Keystone and I've found no "concrete assurance" of which is installed on specific trailers. I've seen "same brand same year same model" with either of these, with trailers sitting side by side on the dealer's lot.

So, the only way to know what you have is to look at the drip rail above your slides and see what's installed. If it is a "drip rail with an awning slot" then that is all you need. It will look like the first photo. On the other hand, if it is "only a drip rail with no awning slot" then you'll need to either install an awning rail under the existing molding or remove the existing molding and install a new one with an awning rail. The drip rail without awning slot looks like the second photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide awning drip rail with awning bead slot.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	46479   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide awning drip rail.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	46480  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 03:57 AM   #4
ChuckS

Yes - your Alpine came factory with slide out awning rear rails premounted... ready to install a slide topper..

Before you install the slide toppers remove and replace the wiper seals on at least the TOP side of each one... The hydraulic slides all use the clip on seal and the schwintek in wall electric is another style...

** After 4 years I can attest those top wiper seals are not doing their job as the edges of the seal are by now curled up..

Changing out a top wiper seal after you install the slide topper is a pain... 10 minute job right now... much more difficult with the slide topper installed..

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 04:01 AM   #5
johnnyRV

thanks so much for the pictures. as i thought i am good to go for the toppers!!
johnnyRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine, slide