Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2012, 03:03 AM   #21
AlCorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
FYI 04 Dodge has a 5.9 Cummins
Thank You.
New Bedford, MA
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...R/IMG_1198.jpg
AlCorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #22
SAABDOCTOR

alcor I'll give you something to ponder. a fellow i know had as in past tense a beech bonanza single engine with retractable landing gear. when i went with him on a short flight i noticed he alway put the the gear switch up on his take off roll. i ask why he did that .? respons was there is a squawt switch on the gear so when there is weight on the gear the wheels will not retract and when he is airborne he does not have to remember to put the gear up! what if the switch fails "never has happened in 25 years". three weeks later on a rough field (grass strip) departure he hit a bump! yep no weight no lift no more airplane. he was unhurt! you might not be so lucky
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #23
mhs4771

Hank, not all rigs have 12V Stereos any more. Our last TT and both 5ers were only 110 AC
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
alcor I'll give you something to ponder. a fellow i know had as in past tense a beech bonanza single engine with retractable landing gear. when i went with him on a short flight i noticed he alway put the the gear switch up on his take off roll. i ask why he did that .? respons was there is a squawt switch on the gear so when there is weight on the gear the wheels will not retract and when he is airborne he does not have to remember to put the gear up! what if the switch fails "never has happened in 25 years". three weeks later on a rough field (grass strip) departure he hit a bump! yep no weight no lift no more airplane. he was unhurt! you might not be so lucky
WOW switches and overserviced nose wheel struts can really cause a BIG pucker factor..... Seems to me the OP has his mind made up that he's right and none of us are going to change his opinion. After all, he did this before and didn't have any problems so it must work OK. As for me, I worry about a 20 amp breaker on a "dual circuit" with 14/2 Romex (which meets local code). I couldn't imagine sleeping in a box where 16ga wire is "protected" by a 30 amp fuse......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #25
SAABDOCTOR

Right on jrtjh!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #26
AlCorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
Thanks for the advise, I'll be sure and never put my wheels down.
New Bedford, MA
Old 06-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #27
AlCorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Hank, not all rigs have 12V Stereos any more. Our last TT and both 5ers were only 110 AC
My Titanium also had a 110 ac stereo
New Bedford, MA
Old 06-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #28
AlCorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
WOW switches and overserviced nose wheel struts can really cause a BIG pucker factor..... Seems to me the OP has his mind made up that he's right and none of us are going to change his opinion. After all, he did this before and didn't have any problems so it must work OK. As for me, I worry about a 20 amp breaker on a "dual circuit" with 14/2 Romex (which meets local code). I couldn't imagine sleeping in a box where 16ga wire is "protected" by a 30 amp fuse......
WOW........................What in the world are you talking about?????????????
I put a 30 amp on a 12 volt board to protect my inverter, that has two 40 amp main fuses off the battery. As long as I stay under the two 40 amp fuses, I'm golden. The breaker for the outlest is still a 15. What is going on here? No one ask you to sleep in my box. And no one is watching the TV while I'm sleeping. Who are you trying to impress?
New Bedford, MA
Old 06-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #29
AlCorr

I'm not sure if I didn't explain the install right but I know what I'm doing, all circuit are protected, there is no need to call me crazy or a BIG pucker factor. Are you some kind of joke? As I said, I'm very happy with the install. I don't find this site to be very friendly at all.
New Bedford, MA
Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #30
Festus2
Site Team

C'mon guys........

Enough already. Let's get back on track and keep the personal comments out of this. We're all trying to help members and in the process we sometimes don't agree with one another. So let's agree to disagree and now that everyone has made their points, let's move on.