Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
LT. A.J.D.

Thumbs up LP Gasline Safety Recall Raptor

We have a 2008 Raptor 3712TS and after LP gas appliances failed to function I inspected and tested lines and components. Found that the LP gas line under the kitchen slide was routed too close to the forward most trailer tire and that the tire had rubbed a hole in the rubber LP gas line. Replaced and re-routed the line.

Later found out that Recreational Vehicle Safety Recall Notice #08V-132000 had been issued by Keystone and was on file with National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. While the Service Advisory 08-102 applied to 2008 Raptor Fifth-Wheel Model 3812TS I have found that other models with the same problem have been reported.

LT. A.J.D.
LT. A.J.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:35 AM   #2
DownTheRoad

Rerouting gas line.

This past fall I was nearing the end of a 4000 mile trip with my Keystone Raptor 3712TS and in the home stretch to make it home in time for thanksgiving. Along I-81 in VA, I had a blowout in the front/right trailer tire which damaged the support holding the gas line in place and caused the gas line to wrap around the damaged tire which in turn caused a gas leak.
To solve the immediate problem and get the rig the remaining 6-700 miles home, I shut off the gas and removed the damaged line and replaced the damaged tire.
I've read about the Recreational Vehicle Safety Recall Notice #08V-132000, which essentially says to take the rig to an authorized dealer to "re-route" the gas line. There is no convenient Keystone service authority in my area and I'm considering re-routing the line myself and am looking at possible alternative ways of accomplishing this SAFELY. I've come up with a couple alternatives on my own, but I'm wondering if anyone else has found a workable solution for this problem. It's pretty obvious that the original design was a poor one and also quite dangerous. Keystone doesn't provide information on the fix other than say to get it to an "authorized" service center. Would be interested to know what solutions others have come up with for this serious issue.
LT. A.J.D., you mention that you rerouted, but give no details. I'm curious to know what your solution was as well.
Thanks, Bill
DownTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote