Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
reubenray

Equaflex Trailair Suspension System Lubricant?

While doing sharp turns a lot of popping occurs at these.. Is there something I can spray on them?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Since they use rubber blocks to absorb road shock I would not put any petroleum based lube on them .... Perhaps silicone spray but the best bet would be to check with the manufacturer for their recommended maintenance.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Brantlaker

Equaflex Suspension System Lubricant

I have been lubing my rubber suspension with a product used to mount tires. I get it from a salesman that sells tire repair products.I then put it in a old oil can with a pump built in that way I can force it in small places. I think NAPA sells it. Started using it when I first started working in a service station in the 60's and all of the shops that I managed over the last 35 years used it on Stabilizer bushings and Spring shackles.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Bushman512000

Rubeglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantlaker View Post
I have been lubing my rubber suspension with a product used to mount tires. I get it from a salesman that sells tire repair products.I then put it in a old oil can with a pump built in that way I can force it in small places. I think NAPA sells it. Started using it when I first started working in a service station in the 60's and all of the shops that I managed over the last 35 years used it on Stabilizer bushings and Spring shackles.
The stuff is called rubeglide for mounting tires makes rubber tire slip over rims
and will not rot rubber
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
RdRmr

reubenray,
Check that system very close, mine were cracked at the welds on top. Hard to see. Pictures in my albums. Both units were cracked. That is what was causing the loud popping and creaking noise on mine. Was doing it the first day I brought it home but never paid much attention. Lippert told me they were only warranted for twelve months and wouldn't help. Replaced them with Dexters E-Z flex system, much better design and beefier. Others have used the system from Mor-ryde. Now, not a sound. Also they came with a wet bolt kit, everything is greasable. JM2C. Happy Campin....

2016 KZ Durango 315RKD
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW, CCLB, 6.7L Cummins, Aisin.
Curt puck legs w/Curt Q16 head
VET/USMC
RdRmr is offline   Reply With Quote