Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
Halibutman214

Need a good Website for Sharing a Trip

With our drive to Alaska fast approaching we were looking for a way to post pictures/events where friends and family could see them. I found a couple sites but it would take me hours to set it up. We would really like something that is not available for the entire world to see. Wondering what you all use?
Thanks
Halibutman214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Just use facebook??
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
f6bits

What equipment do you have for taking/uploading pictures?

I use Flickr not Picasa. Just plain ol’ pictures a gallery at a time. But I settled on that because it was viewer-friendly and iPhoto uploads directly to it.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
azlee56

You could use gmail/google+. If everyone had an account you can invite them to see your stuff. My son in SC and I use it all the time.
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Halibutman214

Facebook is out. We have a Google account but this is one of the ones that after 2 hours trying to set up I gave up. I'm also told the pic upload in Google is not the best. I've been given two possibilities Blogger.com and Picasa.com. Anyone ever use these? As far as equipment right now the best thing we have for taking pics is the ipad3 which we will be taking with us. It takes the most incredible pics I've ever seen. We're looking for a comparable camera. We will be using the ipad on our trip if that helps. Thanks
Old 05-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
f6bits

Sorry, it’s Flickr I use. I *used* to use Picasa. iPhoto doesn’t natively upload to Picasa. And Picasa is Google, so that’s probably out for you.

Since you have the iPad, take a look at FlickStackr. It’ll upload from your iPad photo library.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibutman214 View Post
Facebook is out. We have a Google account but this is one of the ones that after 2 hours trying to set up I gave up. I'm also told the pic upload in Google is not the best. I've been given two possibilities Blogger.com and Picasa.com. Anyone ever use these? As far as equipment right now the best thing we have for taking pics is the ipad3 which we will be taking with us. It takes the most incredible pics I've ever seen. We're looking for a comparable camera. We will be using the ipad on our trip if that helps. Thanks
What is it about Facebook you don't like?
Old 05-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
Halibutman214

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post
What is it about Facebook you don't like?
Facebook is fine for what it is but it starts getting complicated when it seems you have 4000 friends and you have to start tagging photos as to who you want to see what. I'm a sharing person but personal too.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibutman214 View Post
Facebook is fine for what it is but it starts getting complicated when it seems you have 4000 friends and you have to start tagging photos as to who you want to see what. I'm a sharing person but personal too.
I resisted at first. But set up FB for the sole reason of easily sharing pics with my father-in-law in western New York while my garage/shop was being built.

Now two+ years later, I have about 70 in my "friends list"; which includes family, true friends, and a few coworkers.

I have my defaults set that only people in my friends list can see anything I do or post.... And I'm the only one in charge of my friends list.

I guess my point is this... The only one capable of controlling how easy or complicated it is for you is, you.

And unless you make your photo album (on whatever service you choose) open to the public (sounds like you would rather not), you'll still be faced with assigning access to "friends" - or whatever that service calls them.

Just saying. It's a great option and is designed to do orecisely what you want. And with like a billion regular users, it's going to be the most refined. :shrug:

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
azlee56

I agree, you can tighten it up as much as you like. Yes Facebook techs can look, but honestly they have millions of users so they don't. I do think for your family and friends it would be fun. Don't play the games and just let it be a family thing.
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #11
Halibutman214

Spent a little time on blogger.com and I think that's the ticket. The one obstacle that still remains however is we had planned on using our ipad3 on the trip but it will not directly download pics to blogger. I think I found an app that will take care of this however. Thank you all very much for your suggestions.