Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
brad874

Hydraulic Problems

I have a 2013 Alpine 3500RE with hydraulic front landing gear and slides with independent slide control on some type of manifold. When retracting the landing gear, the slides start to open up. The RV is currently in for repair of this problem under warranty, however the dealer is having difficulty in diagnosing the problem. They have even gone so far as to take the RV to a hydraulic shop who are also having a problem finding the defective part/diagnosing the problem. Any help would be appreciated. We have been without the RV for 4 1/2 months now.
brad874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:00 AM   #2
Javi

Pretty simple and straight forward system, should be easy to diagnose. It is either a current leak between solenoids or a bad actuator or return valve. Here is the repair manual with wiring and piping diagrams.. http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/E...8-pres-web.pdf
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
SLO

I had the same problem on my Bighorn a year ago (Lippert landing gear). The cartridge valve that screws into the top of my door side front hydraulic landing cylinder was defective. It was stuck in the open position. This cartridge opens or closes depending on if you are actuating the slides or landing gear. There is a cap on the end of the cartridge valve that you can screw off to expose a manual set screw. Cartridge valve is usually open in it's normal operating position. When actuating slides that cartridge valve closes off flow of fluid to landing gear. By manually closing down that screw (cw) on end of cartridge I could operate slides independent of landing gear. I also have screw type shutoff valves for the slides so I could shut off both slides and operate landing gear. This info is only helpful until you can get that cartridge replaced. My dealer also had trouble diagnosing problem. I finally figured it out myself and dealer fixed it.
SLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:24 AM   #4
tdawg

Had the same thing on my 13 Alpine. Yes the door side landing gear cylinder that has the screw in valve is the problem. I removed valve and found a metal bur stuck in valve cleaned and blew out with air and it fixed the problem. With valve stuck open it allowed the fluid to bypass.
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote