Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
TheRealMacGyver

2015 Ulra Lite 238ML A/C and Murphy Bed replaced

Just thought I should put this here for everyone. First day home, showing it off, and sat on the couch and the frame broke! The aluminum frame weld was just a spot weld and it just seperated! Next, I left the A/C on overnight cranked. In the morning it was cool, but not cold. Scheduled and took to dealer. They had it for about 4-5 weeks and replaced both the A/C and the couch. Happy, I guess, but I am not sure the whole thing makes me feel all that great. The A/C was operating, I just think it needed refrigerant. Maybe it had a leak? I don't know, and I am not complaining that I got a brand new unit, but wonder if the dealer sealed it in as good as the manufacture. The original couch had some weird folds in the fabric/material. I figured the relacement might be right, but it still looks like the upholsterer was doing his first job! Actually it looks a little better than the first one, but still doesn't look right. The other item they replaced was the original window blind front left opposite entry door. On my walkthrough I noticed it came about 3 inches short of covering the window. So, they also replaced that. So that's the update. Going on our second trip here in a few weeks and will see how it goes.
TheRealMacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:03 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

RV A/C units aren't recharged. There isn't a charge port, so servicing them is not a viable option. We can and will replace fans and/or motors but not compressors.

As far as "sealing" it in, I assume you mean sealed to the roof right? If so, then the new unit will have a new foam seal. The whole unit is placed over the hole in the roof and a mounting plate is then put over the hole in the ceiling, and a bolt is used at the corners to sandwich the seal in place.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:00 AM   #3
TheRealMacGyver

Thank you, yes I was referring to water leaks. Sounds like it won't be an issue then. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:51 AM   #4
BirchyBoy

Sorry for your issues. We have a '14 238ML and it has been very good. We also had an issue with the same blind. It looks like whoever installed it used an impact gun and pinched the frame.

One of the changes for your year is the Murphy Bed. How has that worked, other than falling apart?! Do you think the mattress can be upgraded, or not because of the fold it has to make?
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #5
TheRealMacGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
Sorry for your issues. We have a '14 238ML and it has been very good. We also had an issue with the same blind. It looks like whoever installed it used an impact gun and pinched the frame.

One of the changes for your year is the Murphy Bed. How has that worked, other than falling apart?! Do you think the mattress can be upgraded, or not because of the fold it has to make?
The bed is pretty comfy. I think you might be able to get a rollable top bed to put over it, but overall I sleep good on it. It does need to fold, so that would be an issue with a solid bed. The couch itself I would rate "okay". It is not too bad, but could be more comfortable. For the size of the TT though, I think it works well to maximize space. By the way, I am not a little skinny guy (225lbs) and the bed is still comfortable as is!
Old 04-02-2015, 01:54 PM   #6
BirchyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMacGyver View Post
The bed is pretty comfy. I think you might be able to get a rollable top bed to put over it, but overall I sleep good on it. It does need to fold, so that would be an issue with a solid bed. The couch itself I would rate "okay". It is not too bad, but could be more comfortable. For the size of the TT though, I think it works well to maximize space. By the way, I am not a little skinny guy (225lbs) and the bed is still comfortable as is!
Thanks for the info! I was kind of hoping that the bed flipped up, instead of folding. Oh well.

BTW - what do the stickers on the back bunks say for their capacity?
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:24 PM   #7
TheRealMacGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
Thanks for the info! I was kind of hoping that the bed flipped up, instead of folding. Oh well.

BTW - what do the stickers on the back bunks say for their capacity?
My bunks say 300 lbs. But, I don't think I'd want to be on the bottom bunk with a 300 pounder above me!.

The bed has to fold, because of the overhead cabinets and the through basement storage below. If you had a pillowtop type mattress to go over it that rolled up, it would probably be better, but I sleep well the way it is.