Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
socalhd

Here we go/ venting

My rig had been at the Dealer for 2 weeks with Warranty repairs mostly identified at time of purchase and delivery in January. They claimed the parts were on order at that time and they called us to set up this service appointment because they received parts. Now here we are. I have not heard 1 word from them and when we call we either get Voicemail or when we do get someone on the phone. It is we will check and get back to you and then no return phone calls.
I was a Service Advisor for a Harley Dealer. This is not the way to treat Customers.
We need LawMakers to establish a Law regarding these delayed returns.
Something as simple as a Law Stating; If a Dealer conducting Warranty repairs does not complete the repairs or return the vehicle to the owner within 15 days of the date owner dropped off vehicle, said repair facility will be responsible for the Customers monthly Loan Payment for that month and any subsequent months the Repair Facility retains the vehicle.

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 03-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #2
glenalt

I agree, I hate it when that happens. A personal visit might be in order. Good luck

It looks like you have a nice bike. I ride a 2010 Limited and love ride.

Glen
Old 03-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #3
GaryWT

It is the dealer and not Keystone. A good dealer would keep in contact with you, unfortunately they all don't. The last time I had work done, they ordered the parts based on pictures and when the parts were in, I brought the trailer in at the appointment time and stayed there waiting for it. They had it all set in a lout 4 hours. Hopefully once the snow melts I will not have any issues this year. Good luck.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

While I agree your dealer should be a little a bit more attentive to you, I can tell you that even though we have submitted warranty claims including pictures, description, and VIN, the wrong parts have been sent.

Not saying this is the case here, but maybe a personal visit is in order. Be patient and calm when you talk to them but maintain a firm stance.

As far a "law" requiring a 15 day repair or pay the payment? That's not fair to those dealerships that ardently attempt to get parts and make the repair in a timely fashion. And there is another aide to that coin:

Units not picked up within 2 days of repair are subject to storage fees. Do we charge it... haven't seen it yet, and we had a full timers fifth wheel for 2 months waiting for parts, and when we finished it he was "out of town on business" for an additional 3 weeks.

Okay rant off..I am truly sorry your having issues, but at least you didn't come up here and buy only to find your local dealer wouldn't do any warranty work on it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #5
socalhd

Aargh now even more angry. After 2 days of calling and my rig being there 2 weeks, the Service Advisor called back and said they just got a tech on it today and just today they discovered the parts they ordered in January are lost and they have to order those items again. Service Advisor said there was a delay getting it to the tech because I requested a certain Tech. No what I said was a certain Tech has all the details and got the parts on order. So they did nothing with my Rig until we started calling. Service advisor said well you can pick it up and reschedule when we have parts. Hey DipS--t that's what we did do. There were warnings about this crap treatment all over the Internet but somehow I thought my dealer would be different. Wrong.
I am spitting Bullets right now.
New Owners of RVs take heed. If there are repairs discovered and needed at time of delivery of you new Coach. Do Not Take Delivery until fixed

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 03-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

I have found that RV repairs ARE frustrating.....and I don't think there is any other way it is done. That said, how long has it been in the shop after they said they had the parts? Did they encounter other issues?

I think a visit to the shop is in order. When I first bought this last trailer it was from a dealership that had just been bought out by CW. The service manager was new, the GM was new etc. I do not usually work with a service advisor. I was going thru the same thing you are. I got the GM/exowner's phone number, called him and told him I was coming to see him and the service manager and to meet me. When I got there I met him, told him my issues then told him I wanted a sit down with him and the service manager. We did. The service manager handles me personally on all my issues now. He calls and emails status. He gets lots of extra things done for me; simply because I don't put up with crap and they needed some guidance....which I happily provided

All that to say if you have a dealership that is not responsive and uses voicemail/unreturned calls to dodge you and refuses to provide updates I don't think you can continue to do those things and expect things to get better. I would just drive in, walk into the office and get things going.

***Note - this was posted prior to the OPs last post.

After reading the last post you do have a dealership issue. If they aren't competent enough to order parts and keep thim for the proper unit then I don't know what to say. I would just add that to the other observations you had and make a bee line for the GM/owner's office.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #7
socalhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
While I agree your dealer should be a little a bit more attentive to you, I can tell you that even though we have submitted warranty claims including pictures, description, and VIN, the wrong parts have been sent.

Not saying this is the case here, but maybe a personal visit is in order. Be patient and calm when you talk to them but maintain a firm stance.

As far a "law" requiring a 15 day repair or pay the payment? That's not fair to those dealerships that ardently attempt to get parts and make the repair in a timely fashion. And there is another aide to that coin:

Units not picked up within 2 days of repair are subject to storage fees. Do we charge it... haven't seen it yet, and we had a full timers fifth wheel for 2 months waiting for parts, and when we finished it he was "out of town on business" for an additional 3 weeks.

Okay rant off..I am truly sorry your having issues, but at least you didn't come up here and buy only to find your local dealer wouldn't do any warranty work on it.
I didn't make the appointment until they called me and said the parts were in. And Chuckster I have walked the mile in the shoes of a Service Advisor, I know the frustrations of same. We made this appointment for service 2 weeks ahead as well

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 03-06-2015, 03:10 PM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

I saw your post that said they "lost" the parts....

I feel your pain and frustration. Keep on them, and make them understand that THEY dropped the ball. You may not get anything out of it but the satisfaction of venting. I have witnessed frustrated customers and I as an RV owner know how they feel. It's hard as a tech (employee) to remain quiet, but there isn't anything I can do about it at the moment.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:31 PM   #9
therink

Is this by any chance a Camping World location? It sounds like it.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
Old 03-06-2015, 05:41 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

therink - I think I have to question your blanket statement. I have only had a Keystone product for a year and bought from CW. I have had multiple issues and I can say hands down, from TX to FL, CW has gone to the mat for me. Don't know your issues but I can attest that they have gone above and beyond for me.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:07 PM   #11
therink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
therink - I think I have to question your blanket statement. I have only had a Keystone product for a year and bought from CW. I have had multiple issues and I can say hands down, from TX to FL, CW has gone to the mat for me. Don't know your issues but I can attest that they have gone above and beyond for me.
It just reminds me of a CW experience I had twice and I constantly read about on rv forums. That's all.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

This seems to be shifting from a "I have issues with my dealer's service department" to a "CW is the cause" thread. Please, gentlemen, back to the topic which is NOT Camping World.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-06-2015, 06:51 PM   #13
therink

Sorry about that. I'll be good.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:54 PM   #14
mark1228

Sorry for your trouble and as the GM/owner of an RV dealership, I agree with other posts about contacting the GM or owner. Sometimes we don't know these things are happening and once made aware of it can jump in and correct it. Hopefully that will be your experience. Before you blow a gasket, have a conversation with someone in charge and see if it gets you taken care of.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #15
socalhd

This particular Dealer is about 40 miles away from me and closed Saturday and Sunday so very difficult for me to walk in and get a face to face. Rather than blasting them right away I sent a message thru Yelp without Posting it publicly. I did this because I wasn't getting any where by phone and there was no email contact. The Yelp message got me an almost immediate response from the Service Manager. He was apologetic and did not make any excuses, nor did he try to deny his Service Advisor dropped the ball and let the rig sit for 2 weeks. Some of the issues have now been fixed but they need to find out what happened to the original warranty claim and parts that were ordered. He has his best tech on it and will stay on it. He gave me his phone number and email and assured me he will do a better job of keeping me informed. Hopefully we will reach a timely resolution.
At this point Yes, it is an in house Dealer problem. Not Keystone, yet
If they would have called me last week and said the tech has done what he can to this point and we are now waiting on parts, which could take up to 2 more weeks, I would have accepted that.
Anyway, vent over for now

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 03-06-2015, 08:30 PM   #16
Ron

Dealers are so overwhelmed with warranty work because these things we spend big bucks for are built like junk, also the junk tires they put on them blowout and tear up the side of these junk trailers adding more repairs for the dealer. The last time I scheduled repairs on our junk trailer, I told the dealer that I would bring it in the day before they were going to start the repairs cause I did not want it sitting on there lot days on end before they would work on it, hah still did no good, still was a delay in starting the repairs and repairs not well done at all. I hear your pain, been there done that so many times and unfortunately it will never end until they start building a better quality trailer with quality parts, sure we may have to spend a little more but in my opinion it would be well worth it and piece of mind when towing down the road...
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Old 03-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #17
socalhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenalt View Post

It looks like you have a nice bike. I ride a 2010 Limited and love ride.

Glen
Thank you. Yes I bought a new CVO this year and love it.

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 03-06-2015, 09:13 PM   #18
KanTC

socalhd,

Glad to hear that you received a response from the dealership... sounds as though they've acknowledged the situation could have -or- should have been handled differently.
Give them the opportunity to keep their word and please report the results when you get the trailer back.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
Old 03-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #19
sourdough
Site Team

It looks like escalation within the dealership may get you fixed...I hope so. I will give you an example of why I deal with the service manager or GM only. I took my trailer in for warranty work which I had discussed with the service manager. He was gone so his service advisor went out with me and did the walk around, filled out the work order etc. He asked me if it was winterized and I said yes. He asked if I had put anti freeze in the lines and I said no - I blew it out. He replied that lots of folks had frozen lines when they only blew it out. I said it was fine - I knew how to blow it out and when I finished there wouldn't be more than a few drops in the lines. He again asked about adding anti freeze and I emphatically told him no. When the service manager called for me to pick it up he advised that I had a bill for winterization and I promptly got POd. I explained what had happened, told him to talk face to face with the advisor and tell him I was coming in so we could all talk about it. When I arrived the service manager sheepishly told me it had been a "mistake" and I wouldn't be charged...plus, I had a $50 credit for my next visit.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to illustrate, from my experience, why I don't deal with a service advisor - unless I have to.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:48 AM   #20
Rex1vt

We need LawMakers to establish a Law regarding these delayed returns.
Something as simple as a Law Stating; If a Dealer conducting Warranty repairs does not complete the repairs or return the vehicle to the owner within 15 days of the date owner dropped off vehicle, said repair facility will be responsible for the Customers monthly Loan Payment for that month and any subsequent months the Repair Facility retains the vehicle.[/QUOTE]

I would rather have a provision for extended warranty for down time beyond my control,assuming some reasonable time allowance (fill in the blank) for inevitable issues that may arise.I asked Keystone for a warranty extension for issues I have experienced and of course got no answer.
Closed Thread