Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
CoHideout

Atwood fridge replaced; new one not working

Our Hideout is a 2014, bought it new and have had it a year. The original Atwood Helium refrigerator was replaced by the dealership. The new one worked all summer last year, then we went to AZ in January and stayed a month. During that time the fridge shut off 3 times. No lights on the front panel, but lights inside. We could not change to propane, because there was no action on the front panel. Each time, it would start up again in a day or so. Needless to say, this was a PITA. Lost a full freezer and fridge full of food.

We came back to town and took the Hideout to the dealer, who has had it for 2 weeks and the fridge has worked the whole time. They want us to pick it up. What can we do?

By the way, this fridge is doing the same thing the old fridge did.
CoHideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:06 AM   #2
scott24

With both acting the same way, only other thing I'd say is that it's an electrical issue?......
Old 03-17-2015, 07:32 AM   #3
Campy

Contact Attwood and have all your paperwork in hand and see if they can help or point you to a dealer that can. My older motorhome we had the fridge replaced with a Dometic unit and shortly there after it developed problems. Dealer worked on it three times, each time saying it was fixed till the warranty ran out. I was on my own then,... bought a new Norcold and installed it myself and it's still working to this day! We spent almost $1700 on 2 fridge units in 15 months but sometimes it's just not worth the hassle.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #4
CoHideout

In an update, we went to the dealership and asked what they were going to do for us. It had gone on for a year and a half and we were done. The assistant manager took it on himself to research it and was prepared when we took the Hideout back in. He could not get the fridge to quit working (of course), so he recreated the problem. He found a wire in a harness that wasn't quite the way he thought it should be, fixed that and it has worked like a champ ever since. My guess is that the first fridge was not defective either.

Good call, Scott.
CoHideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:22 PM   #5
scott24

Glad they found the issue!!

Tags
atwood, hideout, refrigerator not working