Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
tbritt

Wiring?

just how is the 266 wired for tv & stero....all speakers work on stero and CD's but not at all on the TV...and whats with the jumper on the cable plate?? Help
tbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
Flyguy

Are we talking about a Springdale TT or maybe a Laredo 5ver? Is it a 2010 or older? You have to be more specific!
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
tbritt

Wiring

Sorry Flyguy, should have given more info ,it's a 2010 Springdale 266RL-SSR travel trailer...I looked for maybe a wiring guide in all the books from the dealer but in short the TV will not come thru the overhead speakers, the stero and CD's and DVD's will. Plus the cable plate just has a jumper from one to the other ?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
Flyguy

Not knowing the particulars of your TT and the new ones in general, I would say that the cable plate is either connecting to another part of the trailer (needing a splitter for both points) or your TT is wired for both satellite and catv (CATV is what you get at the campgrounds), you would remove the jumper and select the one for satellite to go to your receiver if I'm thinking right, as far as the radio goes, usually it's selectable on the radio for which speaker stations you want (outside only, inside only, or both), my radio has two stations outside and inside, the new ones have added two inside stations for surround sound plus the outside station, it could very well be that the design only allows one inside station for TV because surround sound isn't normally available with your tv, but I'm just guessing here, maybe someone with a 2010 will chime in and clear the matter up. You won't find a wiring guide with the Keystone paperwork, if the radio is a Jensen I have some manuals listed on my homepage for those radios which do include a wiring diagram, click on flyguy in the upper left of this post and follow the menu options to my homepage and then look in the radio folder.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
tbritt

thanks what your saying makes since haven't hooked up to cable but had to use the "conveter box" for the tv stations to come in with the standard annt. and the stero has a A B & C buttons for the speakers like you said....will just have to deal with it at this time I guess thanks for your help and input
Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
Bulldog80

Are you talking about not having sound through the stereo speakers while watching tv from the off air antenna? If this is the case it's because the other sources, ie cd,dvd,radio, are all run through the stereo receiver to your stereo speakers. An over the air tv broadcast is being delivered straight to the tuner in your television and therefore can only be heard over the televisions speakers. You can remedy this by running an audio cable from the output of you television and into the aux inputs on the back of you stereo reciever. This way you just select aux on your stereo to listen to the tv signal. Almost all of the TT stereos out there will have another aux input like I'm describing but you'll have to run the cable yourself as Keystone doesn't do it for you. It is a piece of cake though. Hope this helps you

Sprinter 301RMP
2007 Dodge- CUMMINS Powered
Bulldog80 is offline   Reply With Quote