Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
outbackmac

couch blow up mattress

Anyone else having trouble with the new blow up mattress on the couch/ Ours keeps loosing air
outbackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
jimzdat

Just had the same issue with ours during a "backyard trip" - one of the kids woke up on the floor.
I reinflated it, but couldn't find any leaks yet - need to check for slow leaks at the inflator assembly
jimzdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
ktmracer

Ours works great. No problem with any air loss. BTW, the air mattress is the standard aireo bed sold by Costco/Target etc. so it's easy to find a replacement.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
THedges

We have only used ours once and it lost pressure. I assumed that since I filled it up when it was warm that it was only the air cooling off inside the mattress.
THedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
campingcpl

We have used ours a couple of times and so far no issues with ours. I have noticed it does lose a little air over time but haven't had an air bed that hasn't lost a little air over time. The only time I have ever had one go completly flat is if it had a leak somewhere. Check and make sure the seal is sealing up around the dump flap. Ours leaked around it the first time we used ours because I didn't have it closed tight.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
Houndie Dog

We had the same problem and took the mattress back for a warranty replacement. The dealer gladly exchanged the mattress with a new one and said that the manufacturer has said that the mattress needs to be inflated and deflated 3 times before the first used to properly seat the seals and seams.
I was told by our dealer that they normally do this inflation/ deflation cycle before they deliver an RV but didn't get ours done because we were waiting in the parking lot when the trailer arrived from Indiana.
I know this sounds strange, but it has seemed to work. You only have to do this once, not each time you use it...
Hope this helps
Hensly TS3 trailer-saver hitch
KVH TracVision R4SL
3 Basset Hounds "Lucy, Ethel, & Fred"
https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...vado/coach.jpg
Houndie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
jimzdat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer View Post
Ours works great. No problem with any air loss. BTW, the air mattress is the standard aireo bed sold by Costco/Target etc. so it's easy to find a replacement.
Yours must be different than mine then - mine is nothing close to anything I've seen in any store - the bottom layer spans from just in front of the couch to the pantry wall, while the top layer spans from the back of the couch cushions to the pantry wall - probably a good 2 feet different?

I'll have to try the inflate/deflate cycles - ours was shipped to us direct from Keystone after delivery; the wrong one was in there at delivery
jimzdat is offline   Reply With Quote