Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #21
azlee56

they offered to pay for half of the installation? I am in shock! I have a feeling this company does try to do right.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #22
Montana Owner

My experience with keystone

MY EXPERIENCE WITH KEYSTONE !
o Customer Relations:
In Sept. of 2011 I contacted you regarding the decals peeling on the nose
cap of my Montana. I received replacement decals from you which I
appreciate. However here is the problem. I was hospitalized and was unable
to get the decals replaced until this last week. Upon taking the Montana to
my dealer who did a very nice job replacing the decals I was charged
$600.00. I am 70 years old and a disabled veteran and was unable to replace
the decals myself. It seems unconscionable to me that Keystone, knowing
they have a problem with their decals would deny any assistance in the labor
to replace them. It seems to me that Keystone would want to foster the best
customer/owner relations they could. I am hoping you will consider assisting
me in this labor cost.
We would like for you to submit your bill to us for review. Please send all e-mails/concerns to: [email protected] Please include the VIN and all contact information with each e-mail/concern. We have reviewed your bill for replacement for your decals . I am sorry to inform you this has been denied . Our agreement was to supply you with decals and you would be responsible for putting them on .
We did supply the decals as goodwill.
Mr. Sanders:

I am also sorry. I am sorry that I believed I would be dealt with fairly. I am sure you folks knew full well when you supplied the replacement decals as a jester of “GOODWILL” you knew the cost for replacement would be quite expensive. You have known for quite a long while there was a problem with the decals so why not accept the fact and treat your customers fairly and with a little respect?

I will promise you this – I will relate this story in every possible venue I have access to such as friends, Twitter, Facebook and all the blogs on the internet. This probably doesn’t matter to you but if I can prevent you getting even one new customer I win.

Thank you for your total disregard for customer satisfaction.
Montana Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #23
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Owner View Post
MY EXPERIENCE WITH KEYSTONE !
o Customer Relations:
In Sept. of 2011 I contacted you regarding the decals peeling on the nose
cap of my Montana. I received replacement decals from you which I
appreciate. However here is the problem. I was hospitalized and was unable
to get the decals replaced until this last week. Upon taking the Montana to
my dealer who did a very nice job replacing the decals I was charged
$600.00. I am 70 years old and a disabled veteran and was unable to replace
the decals myself. It seems unconscionable to me that Keystone, knowing
they have a problem with their decals would deny any assistance in the labor
to replace them. It seems to me that Keystone would want to foster the best
customer/owner relations they could. I am hoping you will consider assisting
me in this labor cost.
We would like for you to submit your bill to us for review. Please send all e-mails/concerns to: [email protected] Please include the VIN and all contact information with each e-mail/concern. We have reviewed your bill for replacement for your decals . I am sorry to inform you this has been denied . Our agreement was to supply you with decals and you would be responsible for putting them on .
We did supply the decals as goodwill.
Mr. Sanders:

I am also sorry. I am sorry that I believed I would be dealt with fairly. I am sure you folks knew full well when you supplied the replacement decals as a jester of “GOODWILL” you knew the cost for replacement would be quite expensive. You have known for quite a long while there was a problem with the decals so why not accept the fact and treat your customers fairly and with a little respect?

I will promise you this – I will relate this story in every possible venue I have access to such as friends, Twitter, Facebook and all the blogs on the internet. This probably doesn’t matter to you but if I can prevent you getting even one new customer I win.

Thank you for your total disregard for customer satisfaction.

Montana Owner -

What year is your Montana? Did you read any of the other posts on this topic on this Forum? It seems the standard that unless your RV is within the one year warranty, you will need to either find a way to apply the decals or pay for their application. I understand that you are upset. However, it is pretty clear from other posts, this is pretty much standard. And I would tend to doubt if any RV manufacturer would do much more. The notes on the Forum do say that this Forum is not associated with the Keystone RV company in any way. And the thought that Keystone monitors the Forum has been debated but never confirmed.

As you are a Veteran, all of us on the Forum would offer you a "Thank you for your service."

Oh, and I hope you will check the Forum at least one more time for this reply. We tend to get several one time visitors who want to vent. If you stick around, you will find a community of Keystone owners who have had a lot of experience and want to help.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #24
Festus2
Site Team

Montana Owner -
There have been a small number of members who, having had the same or similar problem of peeling decals, have been sent replacement decals from Keystone even though the 1 year warranty has expired. One or two members, however, have had their claims denied because their warranty had expired.

The agreement that Keystone had in these cases, is that the labor costs involved in removing and replacing the decals are the responsibility of the customer. This seems to be the policy that Keystone has adopted - we will supply you with the decals at no cost but it is up to you to take care of the rest. In this sense, they seem to be consistent in their treatment of all of their customers. Unfortunately, in your case, you were not able to remove and replace the decals yourself and you had to pay for someone else to do that work.

As geo mentioned in his post above, we hope that you will remain a contributing member of the forum despite your disappointment with Keystone. If you have other problems or would like to post your comments about other issues, we would be glad to hear from you and to help where we can. Now that you have used the forum as your means to "relate this story in way possible", we hope that your future posts will focus on other, more positive topics.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #25
randy69

Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouSlugger View Post
Decals on my 2007 Fuzion in terrible shape, Keystone says warranty period was just one year. So I have been removing the decals and residual adhesive myself, using a 3-M stripe remover wheel first (attaches to standard drill) and then wiping area down with lacquer thinner (NOT paint thinner). It is a pretty slow process but a couple hours here and there and you'll be done. I actually like the cleaner look of fewer decals. No way I'm going to buy replacements unless they can guarantee they won't peel if properly cared for. Good luck.
I was told to use a heat gun and they will just peel off
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #26
SAABDOCTOR

Montana owner. first off thank you for your service to our country! you are a hero to me and my family. air force and navy 3 generations. Sorry you had the the peeling isssue but as others have stated keyston supplied the dcals out of warranty as good will. but not the labor. this appears to be the standard. keystone does a good job of taking care of out of warranty issues like this. i know of other manufacturers that have had this isue so maybe it is a vender issue. by i also know from talking to the owners that the other guys did nothing! so at least we are batting 500. we will never see a recall as this is not a saftey issue.sorry it happened but all in all i think keystone makes a ok product. since most in a survay on this forum will attest. hope you continue to be pert of this forum and not a one time i'm po'd and gone take care a go have some good times in that montana.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #27
randy69

bad decales

After reading all the post I decided to email keystone. Yep, I got a reply they want me to send pictures and they would happy to replace the decales if avialable. Here is the edited reply below. and pictures

----- Original Message -----
To: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 4:19 AM
Subject: XXXXXXX

Dear Mr. Randy:

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your decals. Pending availability, Keystone would like to offer you replacement decals at no charge. The installation will be your responsibility.

If you would like to accept Keystone’s offer, please send me pictures of your current decals and I will process an order for replacements.

Thank you,

Michelle Diaz
Owner Relations

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 7:25 PM
To: CS Service/Parts/Warranty
Subject: Service/Parts/Warranty - Keystone RV

Host: 199.83.131.129.ip.incapdns.net
------------------------------------------------------
request_type: warranty
division: RP

Here are the pictures you requested. We only have 4 on the front cap that are bad.
Thank you again. Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Raptor 5th wheel 001.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Raptor 5th wheel 002.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Raptor 5th wheel 004.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Raptor 006.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Raptor 5th wheel 003.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1613  

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #28
Terry&Carol

Tuff it up

For Keystone to even offer after the warranty is up is outstanding! I too am a vet but don't look for a hand out! Marines make a way 70 years old or not! I would take the offer an run with it. They owe you nothing! Please when you blast them in your social slamming make sure you tell them that they did offer "Out Side" of the warranty to do something but because you are 70 and a vet it wasn't good enough!
Terry&Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #29
rvhomer

More Peeling Decals

I own a 2009 Fusion, the decals stated peeling a couple of years ago. I just figured that Keystone would do nothing about it but I decided to visit the dealer that sold it to me. I was informed the Keystone did in fact have a problem with the decals. She told me to take pictures and send to Keystone and the would send new decals. Well....I sent the pictures and letter to Keystone customer service and was told to "Go pound sand". The letter explained that the warranty was 1 yr and 1 yr only!!!!

I guess I was right.
rvhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #30
Festus2
Site Team

rvhomer -
If you have read the various posts in this thread, you will note that there are a few members who have had peeling decals replaced having expired warranties. One such member has a 2009 5th wheel and was issued replacements ????
It appears as though a request depends upon the mood and the person who considers your application. Some do and some don't. Hard to figure out what, if any, their policy is. As we have found out, it isn't necessarily a 1 year and 1 year only warranty.
What about trying again and citing examples of cases where decals have been replaced on units whose warranties have expired??
Old 07-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #31
rvhomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
rvhomer -
If you have read the various posts in this thread, you will note that there are a few members who have had peeling decals replaced having expired warranties. One such member has a 2009 5th wheel and was issued replacements ????
It appears as though a request depends upon the mood and the person who considers your application. Some do and some don't. Hard to figure out what, if any, their policy is. As we have found out, it isn't necessarily a 1 year and 1 year only warranty.
What about trying again and citing examples of cases where decals have been replaced on units whose warranties have expired??
Thank you for your quick response!!!
I will try again. Do you know if it helps to forward my problem to a "higher up" in the company? I did offer to remove and replace the decals at my own expense. Thanks again
rvhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #32
Festus2
Site Team

One of our members received a positive reply from Michelle Diaz, Owner Relations. You might want to address your correspondence/phone call to this person at Keystone. Sorry, but I can't suggest a "higher up" name at Keystone for you to contact.
Photos might help if you have any. Keep us posted -- hopefully with some good news about your communication with them. Good luck!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #33
randy69

Keystone came through

Received more than expected. I had 4 decales pealing off the front cap I sent keystone some pictures. On 8-8-12 they sent me the whole front cap decales setup. Whow I'M exstactic. These came from a local company Arlon in Satana,Califorina. Couldn't be more pleased. I know eventually the rest on the front cap will peel in time.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
Old 08-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #34
trucker15174

I have a 2008 Montana 3585sa that is peeling very bad also. this is very sad. I probably will never buy a keystone produc again. I bought it from a dealer in golden meadow La. that really gave me very bad service and never wanted to fix anything, so I understand your frustation.
trucker15174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #35
witekjm

Peeling decals.

Our decal that covers our entry door and large picture window is starting to peel. Started about late 2011.
TT is stored in an outdoor RV storage lot and that side faces the sun. I'm going to follow the advice of other members and try to get replacement decals from Keystone.
If I'm unsuccessful, then I'll do what another member did as to take it off entirely.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #36
1airhog

try a sign shop lots of them can print custom graphics like the police cars stuff and advertizes do to some cars and trucks. not sure of the cost I got some for my truck was like 30$ for two of them 6in x 14 in
1airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #37
Avofarmer66

Keystone recommendation on decals

Has or does Ketstone offer recommendations on care and maintenance of decals?
Are any published???

Need to know
Avofarmer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #38
Bjenkins

Peeling decals

I have a 09 fuzion 310 that I am having issues with the larger decals peeling also. Mine is usually stored in the barn when not in use . Anyone know who to contact for help. I would be happy to put them on myself if I can just find them somewhere.
Bjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #39
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
One of our members received a positive reply from Michelle Diaz, Owner Relations. You might want to address your correspondence/phone call to this person at Keystone. Sorry, but I can't suggest a "higher up" name at Keystone for you to contact.
Photos might help if you have any. Keep us posted -- hopefully with some good news about your communication with them. Good luck!
Try contacting Keystone and asking for this person.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #40
JRTJH
Site Team

Bjenkins,

You can "try" to get Keystone to replace your decals. Historically, it seems members are running about 50/50 in getting Keystone to supply replacement decals. Unless it's in the 1 year warranty, Keystone, to my knowledge has not paid for any labor associated with the replacements. I think it also depends on whether Keystone has the required decals in stock and has more of them than they project they will need for the remainder of the RV's they have projected to build before the next shipment of decals.

You can initiate an email to Keystone customer service on the Keystone website: http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-s...parts-warranty

You can also call them at: 866) 425-4369

I've been trying to keep track of the "successful/unsuccessful" attempts that members have been reporting. I "think" that members who initially contact Keystone with everything needed to support their request (photos, explanations with dates/times/circumstances) in a complete package, all submitted at the same time, and during the second week of the month, seem to have a better success rate than those who ask, wait for a reply, call and complain that they haven't got an answer, then submit a partial package, call back asking for results, then submit the rest of the information requested. Those "haphazard" submissions seem to almost always go to the "denial file"....

Why the second week? This is speculation, but seems to be somewhat accurate in results obtained. Like any business, Keystone "allocates" a specific annual budget for "Good Faith customer service requests". That is divided up into monthly allocations. It seems that the first week of the month, bookkeeping is getting caught up, the second week, the money is in the computer when Customer Service reps are processing "out of warranty" claims, and the money is pretty much gone by the third week...

So, claims that are submitted during the second week, complete and ready to be approved and paid, tend to be in the "successful 50%" while those that get processed at other times seem to be "denied". Possibly it's because there's money during that second week and the rest of the month, even if approved, there's no funds allocation to pay for it, so it gets denied for "good faith payment"....

This is just my "hunch" but it seems that when members report they get an approval, it's toward the end of the second week or the beginning of the third week that we hear of their success.

Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote