Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
smiller

Lost my Cougar remote

Keystone says that I need to go through a dealer, anyone have any suggestions (and an idea of how much they cost)? Also I guess that there is a procedure to pair up the new transmitter with my receiver?
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
kenn209

Yeah I'm not having much luck getting mine replaced. I looked on the Lippert website, and the remote is 99 bucks. Yeah, I can push a button for that amount. Not sure how the new remote would work with the current remote module in the front compartment, but that piece is 399....

http://store.lci1.com/shared/StoreFr...t=products.asp
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
smiller

Thanks, good to know I'm not the only one having a difficulty with this. But yeah, if it's going to be $100 I think I'll pass... I didn't really use it that much anyway.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
jje1960

Remote

Wow, going to really protect the one we have then! We use that remote every trip, while backing in to the unit, that's how I keep from getting in n' out of the TV a bunch of times.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
MILBY

jje same here I use it for the same thing also when we are leveling front to back I put my level on the floor by the door and use the remote to get it were I want it without haveing to run to the rocker switch on the front. Or ask my wife to help by can't seem to teach her to read a level.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
smiller

I just back up to the truck close to the pin, set the pin height with the switch that's right there (I'm out of the truck anyway to remove the chocks), and back onto the hitch. For leveling I have a level mounted up front that matches level in the interior. I never needed the remote, just another thing to lose (and I'm proof ) ... although I guess I could need it if I wanted to.