Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2014, 02:42 AM   #1
gwbillett

Smile Received XL X-Chock

Just got my XL X-Chock yesterday. My question is how tight to go with this when setting it up.. I'm guessing just snug plus maybe a turn or two? I've read up on them but never really saw anything about how tight is too tight I guess. Obvisously not depressing the tire and I also read about re-checking them after the tires have cooled down some. Has anyone run into this issue. First time using these BTW.

thanks
Old 03-20-2014, 02:57 AM   #2
gsmith31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwbillett View Post
Just got my XL X-Chock yesterday. My question is how tight to go with this when setting it up.. I'm guessing just snug plus maybe a turn or two? I've read up on them but never really saw anything about how tight is too tight I guess. Obvisously not depressing the tire and I also read about re-checking them after the tires have cooled down some. Has anyone run into this issue. First time using these BTW.

thanks
Tighten good and snug,then after tires cool down retighten. Don't tighten so tight that you are depressing the tire.
gsmith31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
gwbillett

Perfect, I hoping these work, I've always used the plastic tire chocks and we've always had a little camper movement. I know you will have a little but it always seem more than what I wanted...lol
Old 03-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
macattack

X-chocks warn that they are not to be used as a replacement for wheel chocks as they can slip and allow the trailer to move. I have them but use them only for extra motion stabilization, not to prevent runaway. I also have stabilization bars installed on both the landing gear and rear stabalizers which took out about 90% of the rock n roll.

Bob and Donna
Gettysburg, PA
2012 Montana 3625RE
2010 Ford F350 dually
One Cocker Spaniel, one Tennessee Walker
macattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
AlbertaRvMan

One or two extended x chocks

I am also looking for the extended x chocks. I have a 31 bhpr.

Currently I only purchased one of these.

My plan is to use the following

- two of the Anderson camper levels (one for each tire on one side of rv), this is for side to side levelling.

- two plastic chocks for the other side of the rv (outer side of the tires)
- one extended x chock (same side as the chocks)

Not sure if I should get another extended x chock (there not cheap). Any thoughts on this setup?

Thanks
AlbertaRvMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:31 AM   #6
gwbillett

i've been reading that Stabilizing bars attached to the landing gear is what really takes like you said 90% of the movement out. They seem fairly straight forward to install.

I also still plan on using the wheel chocks btw
Old 03-29-2014, 05:27 AM   #7
chartrand

I have these for my bullet premier as well, but you still need to use the normal tire chocks in addition to these. The x -chocks stop movement with the tires and prevent some movement of the trailer while you are inside walking around. I love mine but despite the name there more for stabilizing. I forgot to remove one on my slide side once and was able to still pull my trailer, it just bent the x-chock. Luckily I was able to just bend it back and all was well again. I learned being impatient with people dilly dallying around when your ready to go can have penalties...http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/ima...es/redface.gif

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote