Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
dayfid

Wiring more A/C outlets

I have a new 2300BH and find that I don't have an outlet in the dinette slide-out. Has anyone added more outlets to their unit?

What is the best way to run new wires? Below the floor?

Thanks
dayfid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayfid View Post
I have a new 2300BH and find that I don't have an outlet in the dinette slide-out. Has anyone added more outlets to their unit?

What is the best way to run new wires? Below the floor?

Thanks
Study how the existing outlets are routed and installed in the slides. Do the same for your planned additional outlets if possible.

If you can route the wires in the walls or floors, go for it. BUT! Best I can tell, Keystone fills the space between studs with solid foam panels which makes it very difficult to snake wires here and there.

Depending on location and obstacles, you may be better off to use one of the "on wall" surface wiring systems. A little thought and care with layout and much of the system becomes minimally visible. Readily available at home improvement centers everywhere.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
geo

At least in the Alpine, the outside walls of the slides are insulated with Styrofoam. The side walls have the thin R-7 fiberglass in them that Keystone uses around the tanks. I have snaked some eight wires and cables up the side wall of the entertainment center. I used an existing drilled hole to pass some of these cables into the slide. See my posts on Sirius and WiFi Ranger in Mods.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c power, electric outlets