Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
aksilvy1

These guys are idiots

I recently had a toy hauler ordered and shipped to me through a dealer. Since I was not able to be at the dealer for the PDI there were a few issues that came up...

The "biggest" issue was that the rear stabilizer jacks did not work. I called the dealer right away and they said they were already aware of the problem and have the parts on order. Sweet! A month goes by and no parts. I call them up and then they start asking questions like "are your jacks electric?" I knew right then that they had no idea what was going on.

After doing a little bit of troubleshooting I determine that the jack motor is toasted so I manually raise and lower them.

A few weeks later I get brand new jacks at my door step. Only thing is that these are scissor jacks that don't even go on my toy hauler. Let alone that the jacks on my trailer work just fine anyway. Interesting. I call them up and tell them its the motor that is broke (which I thought they already knew from doing the PDI) and the guy says he will do a little research and get back to me.

Still waiting for a response but as of right now this customer service just blows my mind how they have no idea what is wrong with my trailer and gave me parts that aren't even for my trailer.

Sorry for the rambling I just had to say something. From the reading I have been doing sounds like this is pretty standard. Would not last 5 minutes in the aviation world.
aksilvy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksilvy1 View Post
I recently had a toy hauler ordered and shipped to me through a dealer. Since I was not able to be at the dealer for the PDI there were a few issues that came up...

Sorry for the rambling I just had to say something. From the reading I have been doing sounds like this is pretty standard. Would not last 5 minutes in the aviation world.
One of the "biggest issues" is that you didn't do a PDI on your rig BEFORE purchase. While there's no excuse for poor service from the dealership and they certainly should know what's wrong with your RV (if they told you they knew about the jacks), if you aren't your "own best advocate" by inspecting your RV before it's delivered, you really have to take as much "blame" for what's not working as the dealership.

If you took delivery in Alaska, knowing (or suspecting) that the RV had been towed over the Alcan before delivery, you know the conditions it was subjected to. Being aware of those issues could have prevented your current problems and doing a proper PDI would have (will) help you identify hidden items that need to be addressed BEFORE the warranty expires.

I'd advise you, before the warranty is expired, to go to the "Keystone Questions" section of this forum, download the PDI checklist and spend some "earnest time" with your RV so you can get it all taken care of before the warranty is up.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
aksilvy1

If I was able to do the PDI I would have but living on a remote island made it difficult. I was not able to fly to Anchorage to inspect it beforehand.

I did not expect everything to be perfect with the trailer and I took it out when I got it and looked everything over and told them exactly what was wrong with it and the service I received after that was ridiculous. Good news is that after enough complaining I finally have a rear stabilizer jack motor on the way.

Thanks for the info about PDI checklist, I will download it and see if I can't find anything else wrong with it.
aksilvy1 is offline   Reply With Quote