Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
EddieG

2013 Residential stereo system.

I just bought a brand new trailer 40ft residential. I love the trailer but the audio this thing has is just horrible. Im looking for some high end audio so I can really get the party started when we go camping with friends. I have no Idea where to find this equipment. Right now I have the Jensen wall mount stereo/cd/dvd/ipod that came with the trailer. I'm looking for a lot more quality and what type of speaker set up to install. Any Ideas, pictures, set ups would be great. Thanks in advance.
EddieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
Donegal Bill

try crutchfield

Crutchfield online store has great deals on great products....Also, a stereo system called Sonos with remote wireless speakers can be controlled by your smart-phone. (really good sound too..)..Target has the Sonos system on sale quite often..
2012 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Crew
Donegal Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Trinibob

Ttt i also want to upgrade

https://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...20the%20years/
Trinibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
highrider

I second what donegal says. I have an audio video custom installation business and I am a Sonos dealer, so take this with a grain of salt. Sonos has a lot of options that might work great for you, although it is all 110v based. Look at the Play:5 for out side. You can get two of them and set them up for left and right separately or get left and right out of one unit. You could use one or two of the connect: amps (depending on how many speakers you have in the camper) to power your indoor speakers.

www.sonos.com

One caviate is that the system is based on utilizing the Internet, so that will likely be a problem in most campsites (at least where I camp). What I would do is set it up at home and register it, etc. Then you should be able to take it on the road with you. Get yourself an apple express and set it up before you go so that you can 'AirPlay' music from your iOS device to one of the line inputs on the Sonos system. You will also likely need an Internet router seperate from the express to hand out ip addresses to the Sonos system and your phone that you are using for control, even though you may not have Internet.

It is quite doable but is a bit involved with extra parts and the like. How much time and money do you want to invest? There are more straight forward ways of getting good sound in there and outside, but the Sonos option is pretty trick, once set up.
-Who knows what's more to come...
highrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
campingcpl

I'm personally partial to Kenwood and Sony. I have a 600 watt Kenwood home stereo system and then have a 1000 watt Sony home theater system in our home and love both of them. I have also had several Kenwood mobile auto products and have always had good luck with them. Kicker and Rockford Fosgate make some reasonably price and good sounding mobile speakers. If your looking for more highend I would go with either Bose or Infinity for speakers.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote