Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
mike&jenny

Leaky shower

Went camping for the third time or so this weekend and found that our shower is leaking in our new passport 3180RE. Thought that the kids had just opened the door with the water on before. Coming in between the vanity and the shower and on the opposite side by the toliet where the water line runs out from under the shower to the toliet. Not sure if it is coming from where the shower wall meets the aluminum framing or what. I'm going to try and silicone the joints on the inside and see if that works. Anybody have any suggestions?
mike&jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
chris199

We took delivery of our new Cougar a little over a month ago. Dropped the lid to something on the floor and there was water between the shower and vanity. Siliconed the seam where the plastic sheet sidewall goes into the aluminum base. No more water leak this trip after a shower!

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Linwoodrver

Make sure you're using a water pressure regulator. Many campgrounds have extremely high pressures and the fittings fail. Learned this the hard way.
Linwoodrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
StacyB

Leaks

After a 4 day week-end in Hatteras, drained the tanks and as I lowered the trailer onto the fifth wheel hitch, water poured out of the bottom of the camper. Looks like the seal between the shower pan and wall has come dislodged. Not a very good design if you ask me.
StacyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
j0hnburks

We purchased our Outback last September. On our first trip out we noticed water coming out under the shower enclosure. Returned to the dealer for warranty repair and they could not find a leak. They did silicone everything in sight so there was no more leaks out on the floor. In March I noticed a small drip under the trailer. Each time out there would be more water leaking after we used the shower. It has been back at the dealer for three weeks and when they finally got to it, there was a leak in the gray water tank that Keystone is replacing under warranty. I hope to have it back next week.
H&S Mini-Maxx, S&B Air Box, Sinister EGR delete, 4" turbo back EPF/CAT delete
50 gallon TransferFlow inbed fuel tank
j0hnburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
gkainz

Laredo 245RL - we were out last week and I noticed water on the floor around the edge of the entire shower base. I traced it back to between the vanity and shower base as well. This is the first time I've noticed this, and the first time we've been hooked up to city water (I have a pressure regulator).

I've not been able to duplicate it yet, so still don't know if the leak came from water lines or shower panel joints. I guess I'll try the silicone sealant first.
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
laidback

Had the same problem with our cougar new. Did the sealant thing around the shower walls to the base,no problems in a year since full-timing.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
sasteve49

Shower leak in 2010 Cougar.

Just bought this 5th wheel 2 weeks ago and was assured by the seller that no leaks at all! But after first shower, I was looking in the storage compartment and noticed a serious leak coming from the edge of the aluminum frame and outside surface wall. Sealed around base of shower and wall, but did not help! Eventually pulled the round plastic plugs in the walls of the shower and found that the holes were too big for the neck of the plugs. There was also absolutely no sealant! So I sealed the holes and replaced the plugs. Voila! No leaks!! Not a good shower design at all. Still a leak at bottom of door....
sasteve49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
sasteve49

Shower leak in 2010 Cougar.

After sealing all around the bottom of the shower door and sides, it still leaked! The problem is the plastic used in the mold of the shower floor is too thin and when weight is on the floor, the sealant lifts allowing water to leak out. Have given up on this solution and installed a shower curtain! Looks good and works.
sasteve49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
gepaine

Must Be Typical of Keystone TT's

Our 24-foot Cougar TT shower leaked between the shower and the shelving on the right side. The shower panel was leaking at some undeterminded location and then running down the outside of the base. I applied silicone sealant 3 times, but it still leaked. Took it to the dealer where they confirmed the leak and also sealed where the plexiglass panel meets the aluminum frame. It still leaked.

We have given up on trying to fix it, and instead we stuff a light-weight towel between the base and the shelving unit. It absorbs any water that leaks out and prevents the water from causing damage. Sometimes after showering the towel is completely dry - other times it is wet.

Oh well, I guess it's just part of Rv'ing.

2011 Keystone Cougar 24RKS
2007 Cadillac Escalade
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Past Trailer:
Forest River R-POD RP-175
Past Tow Vehicle:
2008 Toyota Sienna
gepaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #11
Davidr

leaking shower

The shower in my 5th wheel Laredo was leaking and I found the leak was a result of the three screws that hold the bottom rail were not sealed. Hard to find but easy to fix.
Davidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
JP4

I found that water was dripping down the threads of the screws that attach the metal shower frame and then underneath the plastic part onto the floor. make sure you seal the screws well. Silicon all seams including the seams where the walls meet the top of the shower floor pan.

The Palmers
2012 Passport 5260RL Ultra Lite
2002 Ford F-150 FX4 5.4L
JP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #13
mike&jenny

I took it back to the dealer to fix a leak from behind the fridge and he sealed the shower also. So far so good. Very pleased with our dealer, Evans and Son Rv in Petersburgh, IN.
mike&jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
rode2nowhere

where I bought our sprinter,,nice people
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #15
SlowPoke

My 3180RE has a shotty caulk bead across the bottom of the shower ... At first look at PDI, it looked nice and neat. After getting it home, and getting antifreeze sloshed a small bit in the floor of the shower, I noticed the "Pink stuff" had creeped below the bead beside the toilet. I'm going to clean it all off, strip out that caullk and apply a fresh thick bead making sure to work it into the space between the glass wall and floor. It's too far a trip to take it back to my dealer, though they said they would fix it, but I don't mind minor stuff like that as opposed to a 2 hr trip and gas. I would certainly take it to 'em if it was a bit closer though, and if I have anything I can't or won't fix myself for sure!

On a side note, I went to install the Winterization kit a made up the other day, and noticed they never winterized the pump...as soon as I pulled the connection, about 2 cups of clean water flowed from the pump and the tank hose... UGGGHHH!!! Luckily it didn't freeze up before I got all the water out of it, and re-applied some antifreeze to it.

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #16
Laredo60

Gray tank leaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnburks View Post
We purchased our Outback last September. On our first trip out we noticed water coming out under the shower enclosure. Returned to the dealer for warranty repair and they could not find a leak. They did silicone everything in sight so there was no more leaks out on the floor. In March I noticed a small drip under the trailer. Each time out there would be more water leaking after we used the shower. It has been back at the dealer for three weeks and when they finally got to it, there was a leak in the gray water tank that Keystone is replacing under warranty. I hope to have it back next week.
John where was the leak in your gray tank? I have a 2013 laredo303tg, and it appears mine has a leak as well. When the tank got full instead of coming up the tub, the water came out of the tank somewhere and onto the ground. I can't tell where the leak is because of the coroblast is covering it all. How did they find your leak, and did they replace the insulation under there that got wet as well?
Laredo60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
mark4899

Leaky shower

We discovered a leak in our new sprinter copper canyon 269FWRLS. It just rained heavily with wind throughout the night. in the morning after showering we were making the bed when we noticed the rug on the right side of the bed was quite wet. I immediately blamed the rain and a faulty slide seal. After searching for a while were the water could have entered I opened the basement storage door to find water inside the compartment. The water was coming from inside the wall. I found the the housing for the hot and cold water valves in the shower was improperly sealed from the factory and that 3 of the 4 screws attaching it to the shower wall were stripped. I resealed and using larger screws properly attached and put a bead of caulk around the housing. Leak fixed!
mark4899 is offline   Reply With Quote