Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
torren61

Window Valance Removal

I need to repair my window blinds. How do I remove the window valance to access the blinds?

Thanks!
torren61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
torren61

I realized this thread is in the wrong place. I also discovered the location of the screws that hold the valance to the wall.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

I talk to myself all the time, but they say when you start answering your in trouble.

Glad you found a solution ..... maybe next time we can help, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
sandy43

Lots of screws. You have to remove the Valance to take the day/night shades down. I took them all down to replace with something much better. I really hated those blinds.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
torren61

Thanks for getting back to me. I finally found the screws in the corners of the valance. They were colored nearly the same as the fabric and some were in the folds of the fabric. (A magnet could help you find the screws if you don't see them.)

I removed the valance, both top and sides. Then I removed the blind. I looked up this site and found instructions for restringing the blind. http://www.fixmyblinds.com/Instructi...inds-s/475.htm

Then I searched for a window blind store that sells cord. I ended up going here: http://www.shadesofmarin.com/ I bought 100 feet of cord for $20 plus tax.

I restrung the cord and hung the blind and adjusted the tension so that it works fine. I noticed that I could disassemble the valance. I removed the sides (1 screw per side) and kept the top bit, now a cornice.

It really opened up the RV and gave us more light so I did all the windows except the window behind the TV. I figured it would be better if it was a bit darker there (2011 Alpine 3500 RE).

We've done a few things to modify the RV for the two of us. We removed one of the recliners and put it in our house. We moved the dining table further out from the wall and removed two chairs and put them in our house to give us more room. Last week, I removed the keypad for the front door and programmed two key fobs. Now, we just click one of the key fobs and it locks and unlocks wirelessly and without having to enter any numbers on a keypad.