Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
rnkburg

2012 Raptor 300MP 1st Warranty Work

Yep, on the second outing the issues started to emerge.

1. The top bunk mattress started ripping apart at the threads, only a 5 year old had been up there and she is small.

2. The shock on the front door broke

3. The table in the garage for the lower bed broke. Now this broke because there is not enough lip on the sides to hold the table on. It has play in it, and if moved just right it will fall out (exactly what it did) tearing the top of the table.

4. Fridge just didn't seem cold enough, we even lost some food in it. Yes it was hot outside, and yes fridge was FULL

5. Air didn't seem cold enough (only 1 15k ac, 2nd one is going to be added)

6. VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL TH OWNERS!!!!!! Looked under trailer and brake wire was hanging out of the front wheel hub, now that it's at the dealer he has found that two of wheels had brake issues. He was going to pull the other two and check them as well.

7. sink cover chipped

8. Stabilizers that go down on the lower bunk / dinette well, one was about 4" too long. Didn't notice this on pick up, in fact didn't even know it had it until I got home and saw them when it was up in air. I just cut it down to match, problem solved there. But the dealer told me that if I would have taken pictures they could have gotten me compensation for that work! Wish I would have known that sooner.

My wife was pretty disgusted as we just got this, and so am I. Took me a long time to talk her into a new TH, and now this. Not good.

Oh, and to top everything off, while at the campground they were mowing. Yep, you got it, they didn't have there chutes down and threw a rock right in the side of the unit. Sounded like a bullet going off. When I went out to confront them about it, they acted like they didn't care. After a discussion they agreed to pay for any damages. It doesn't look bad, but when at the dealer we peeled some of the sticker back and noticed it did crack the side a little. So now that has to be fixed, along with a new decal. The decal is not bothering me as much as the small chip/crack in the side. I don't want that to spread and give me issues down the road. Dealer didn't seem to be too worried about it, saying that the sides do really well, but agreed with me that it should be fixed. I took it there new, and it's going to come back to me new!

So if you are at the campground, and they are mowing, stand outside, in there way, and tell them to come back after you leave!!!

Hopefully the next trip out will be much better.
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
rnkburg

Just got estimate today to fix the side from the rock. $570.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
rnkburg

So today they tell me that Keystone is denying my warranty claims. They did fix the door shock, and the brakes, but are denying the table and the counter top (sink cover)

I told them that this is just a poor design, there is not enough lip to hold the table when it makes a bed. IT says it can hold 500lbs, and we never get close to that number. We have to put luggage under the table for security.

Then they said that they wouldn't cover the mattress, maybe we should contact the mattress manufacturer.

We contacted the rep, and he said to send him the warranty claim and he would go talk to warranty department.

Is this normal, or is there another number that I should call to get results? This is kind of kick in the #$#$ after making a large purchase like this.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
rnkburg

I am still having issues with this, any suggestions would be appreciated. They are denying most all. The table, bunk, and sink cover. I don't think that I am out of line on this

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
SmittysRV

i feel your pain, Im also dealing with Keystone and Mike Thompsons RV regarding issues on my relatively new Raptor 4014.....
SmittysRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
rnkburg

I called keysyone direct and they agreed to take care of my issues. They even called the dealer and gave them the authorization to do it. Now if I can just get the dealer to order the correct parts it would be great

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
Murray0512

Welcome to the world of Keystone, home of quaintly not quality . I brought new in 2010 and still getting issued taken care of . I know other manufactures have there issues but nothing like we owners of keystone products seem to have . Sad thing is we keep buying them . I won't say I won't buy another but for sure my walk through is going to take a long time!!
Murray0512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
rnkburg

You can see a more detailed version of this on the title that says 2012 raptor issues anyone got any good contact info. This is in the warranty section. On pho.e so can't post a link.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
therink

It is my experience that most keystone warranty issues stem from a dealer who doesn't care enough to take the time, go to bat for you, file the claim and see it through.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote