Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2015, 11:30 AM   #1
JRTJH
Site Team

ACC Warranty Issues

There is an article in the new Trailer Life Magazine regarding the underwriting company for the ACC Extended Warranty. Apparently, one RV owner reported that he could not get ACC to respond to a warranty claim. Additionally, he found that his credit card had been billed for $3310 to extend his warranty even though the company had "closed for business".

The article goes on to state that the Indiana attorney general's office has filed a lawsuit against ACC. It appears there are 87 consumer complaints against ACC that have been filed with the Indiana attorney general.

If you have an extended warranty, they advise that you verify whether it is underwritten by ACC. If it is, you might want to discuss the issue with your dealership to see if you might be eligible for a refund.

With the "unauthorized" additional charges that one person had, you might also want to contact your credit card company to protect yourself against similar situations.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
Tim Cline

Hmm interesting, my dealer promotes the Warranty Forever program (does not cover slides). Will have to check who underwrites it although "technically" it costs me nothing.
Tim Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cline View Post
Hmm interesting, my dealer promotes the Warranty Forever program (does not cover slides). Will have to check who underwrites it although "technically" it costs me nothing.
The "forever warranty" currently being marketed is not underwritten by ACC. However you might find the discussion about the "Free" Forever Warranty interesting. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...hlight=forever

As for "technically it costs me nothing" At Tacoma RV, that "free warranty" entails a required investment in services and inspections of about $800 a year. And, NO, the work can not be done by the owner, it must be done in the RV dealership service department to keep the warranty active.... So much for "free"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:24 PM   #4
Tim Cline

According to my dealer it cost me $180 year for them to do the required "maintenance inspection" to keep the warranty valid. I doubt the actual warranty amounts to much, it appears to be more of a sales gimmick since it really does not appear cover anything major.
Tim Cline is offline   Reply With Quote