Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2015, 10:36 PM   #1
x50v

Smile New 2014 Avalance 295RL Brake failure

Bought a new 295RL, drove from the dealer to my house, brake adjuster, spring etc. had been grinding rolling around inside. Local authorized dealers said they would not work on it as I had not bought from them (they never had an Avalance 295RL on their lots over a couple of years). Got an appointment in Pismo Beach, but for 23 March. I called Keystone and Johathon of Keystone, called the dealers, got the same answer. Johnathon contracted with a repair facility in the next town over. They came out removed the backing plate and are awaiting I assume from Dexter to send the parts under warranty. Keystone is standing by it's product and has gone out of the way to ensure we get to use our new RV as soon as possible.
thanks Keystone's Johnathon.
x50v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Glad you're getting it fixed. Just another example of the RV industry maintenance problem. Hard to believe that the manufacturer gets the same push back from the dealers when it comes to maintenance.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:05 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Good news on the repairs. Keystone does a good job of standing behind their products.....most of the time. I agree with bsmith0404; I don't understand Keystone having an "authorized dealer" or "authorized repair facility" and letting them refuse working on their product. I would take them off the "authorized" list.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #4
mark1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Glad you're getting it fixed. Just another example of the RV industry maintenance problem. Hard to believe that the manufacturer gets the same push back from the dealers when it comes to maintenance.
Not to hard to believe if you saw how we get paid for warranty work. I am the GM of a dealer and it is simply not worth it to do warranty work on anything we don't sell. If it paid decent, we would to it.
mark1228 is offline   Reply With Quote