Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2014, 07:18 AM   #1
warvalleywoodman

Lousy service and cheap construction

I am still waiting for almost 3 months for a seat cushion.
Our 2013 19FBPR was shipped with the WRONG THICKNESS cushions ! Wow, what quality control. All customer service wants to do is "pass along" my calls and emails to the next person.
We have had 19 other issues with shoddy and cheap construction with this trailer. Kitchen cabinet doors that fall apart because of only ONE crown staple in each corner.
Outside cargo door that was 1/4" out of plumb so the door had to be wrestled shut.
Outside shower hose wrapped around interior pipes.
Wheel skirts that broke loose from bracket.
Hot water backed up in cold water line in bath sink.
Faulty sprayer on kitchen sink.
Both rear bumper caps lost on first trip due to poor fit.
Poor designed dinette due to leg placement.
And I can go on for more.......
If only there were a lemon law for RVs in our state.

Conclusion...Buyer be very aware of this model
warvalleywoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Welcome to RV ownership. Personally, I would not have taken delivery with these issues. I found a few things wrong with mine at PDI and made the dealer take them out of other models on the lot before I drove away. Wouldn't have driven off the lot without them being fixed.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by warvalleywoodman View Post
:c

Are you talking about the coiled quick connect exterior shower hose? If so, what about simply unwrapping it from the pipes?

Not an uncommon occurrence. Many people have inserted a SS screw or some other kind of DYI fastener to stop the caps from working loose and falling out.

The dinette is probably manufactured by someone else for Keystone. If the table legs "get in the way" and make comfortable seating difficult, I would have thought that this should have been picked up by you during the walk through..

I would have to agree with the previous poster's comments about insisting that these issues be repaired or replaced to your satisfaction BEFORE full payment was made and you drove off the lot with an RV that was "a lemon".. Most, if not all of these problems should have been picked up on during the PDI.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
GaryWT

Sorry you are having issues. You said you are dealing with Keystone on cushions, what did your dealer say. Not sure how you know that the cushions are wrong, does the pattern match? I would think if there was an issue the dealer would get them as keystone would just throw an extra set in the next delivery to the dealer. You complain about the table legs being wrong but didn't you sit down before you bought it? There are different styles and if you did not like the table then you buy a different trailer. Some of the issues are easy fixes and some would require the dealer but hopefully all will be set to go soon.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
KYFamily

I worked with my Dealer on eveything and the experience was great. I had a few issues during the PDI but were not that important to me at the time so I drove off with it anyway. Dealer told me to make an appoitment and they would fix. So 6 months later I finally decided to make an appoitment and each problem was fixed and they did a fantastic job. The wife wanted two throw pillows she liked in an Alpine that matched our interior. We ordered them and they showed up in two weeks. Should have been made out of gold as much as they cost but she was happy.
I feel like picking a dealership is just as important as the model. I would rather pay a little more and have a good dealer then go cheap and have one that doesn't care.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by warvalleywoodman View Post
I am still waiting for almost 3 months for a seat cushion.
Our 2013 19FBPR was shipped with the WRONG THICKNESS cushions ! Wow, what quality control. All customer service wants to do is "pass along" my calls and emails to the next person.
We have had 19 other issues with shoddy and cheap construction with this trailer. Kitchen cabinet doors that fall apart because of only ONE crown staple in each corner.
Outside cargo door that was 1/4" out of plumb so the door had to be wrestled shut.
Wheel skirts that broke loose from bracket.
Hot water backed up in cold water line in bath sink.
Faulty sprayer on kitchen sink.

Not once in your complaints have you addressed the dealer or his actions/recommendations. I'd think the biggest problem is you're complaining to Keystone, 600 miles away. You should be talking to your dealer about these issues.

You wouldn't think of calling Chrysler or Ford or GM about an issue with a missing lug wrench or a misadjusted window, you'd take it back to the dealership and let them take care of the problems. I'd urge you to leave Keystone out of it and get with your dealership. You're barking up the wrong tree, from what you've described.

Good Luck,

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #7
Ken / Claudia

I could go on about buying a RV, Boat, Car, Truck, home etc. but, post #2 sums up my thoughts real good.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:32 AM   #8
Javi

Welcome to the wonderful world of RV ownership...
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:17 AM   #9
GaryWT

I am still thinking of the cushions and wonder what is wrong, how do you know you have the wrong thickness? I have not gone out to look at mine but I do not think the backs and bottoms are the same. We do not use it as a bed but I think we looked once an thought it was odd but they go for the look when it is a table more than a bed. What is the actual issue?
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #10
koko

We've only had a couple of minor issues with ours. As far as the couch cushions, they're lumpy and bumpy when made into a bed, but that's just the way they are. Keystone won't do anything for you -- you have to go through a dealer. We purchased from one dealer far from home and are now using Camping World - 175 miles from home and the closest dealer to us. Even though we didn't purchase from CW, they've been great and accepted our business, even warranty work. Maybe you need a new dealer. Don't give up. The trailer is anything but cheap and shoddy - unless it truly is a lemon.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #11
pjinthedaks

I agree with koko. This model is not cheaply made! We had an issue with the skirts and it was promptly and professionally fixed by our dealer. As far as the cushions are concerned, I believe Keystone made an upgrade to them in newer models. Our 2012 cushions are not as thick as the 2014 ones. We have been very pleased with our 19FBPR and our dealer service!
pjinthedaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #12
kellydog98

Most of us has learned through experience and now you have had yours. I believe, like most of these others, that your dealer needs to step up. If not, report the dealer to the manufacture. Good luck, and welcome to the money 'hole' on wheels. Quote "if you have to ask how much will it cost..."

kellydog98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #13
mespro

Smile

Just came off a 10 day trip with my new Cougar RES33, Only had one issue, the Oven door fell off the left hinge, it is spring loaded and slipped out of a slott on the oven, I put the hinge back into the slott, but the door is to high to shut, Called my dealer on Monday, said to bring it in on Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. to fix. Pretty good service in my opinion.
mespro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #14
koko

Just did a search. Warvalleywoodman waged his first complaint about this trailer on June 1, 2013!!!???

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote