Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
chuck&gail

Slide Seals

Ok, be gentle. Although we have towed various TT's almost 200,000 miles, this is the first one we've had with a slideout. Our slideout goes out the rear, and has the bed in it. Our TT is a model 230RS. We really love it.

I've been reading the posts on slideout seal lube. Where is this seal? Is it just the rubber strip that is easily seen on the outside of the trailer, rubbing the slide? Or are the seals buried under there somewhere? If they are hidden, how do you get to them?

If it is just the rubber strips, do you put 303 (or whatever) on both sides of the strip, or just the outside Furthermore how do you do the strip on the top, do you sit on the slideout roof, or climb up on the TT roof and lean over?
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
Handysam

Chuck, to answer the first question, yes its the rubber strips down the sides and on top of the slide out on the outside. Second, yes do both sides of the strips, 303 is fine. Third, yes you will have to get on the roof, assuming you have a ladder on the back, and lean over the slide to do the top strip. Make sure your shoes are free of debris before walking on the roof. I make it a habit to actually take my shoes off once I get to the top on the roof. Happy Camping, Sam