Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
jbagwon2

First login to forum/problems with new Passport

Hello,
We just purchased a 2010 Keystone Passport EXP-190 June 24. We were Notified that a recall for the roof sealant applied to our serial # trailer. We noticed that the table that is attached to the wall braces came right off the wall without any extra effort. (we'll fix with gorilla glue and inserts) We also noticed the flooring in the middle (small ridge)is not glued down all the way through the trailer.
We haven't been camping with it yet, still sitting at the dealers awaiting recall repair. While taking the trailer back to the dealer the weather stripping on the front side seam came out and was flapping in the breeze. Seems like a nice trailer. Has anyone run into any surprises with this keystone model number?

John and Shelly Bagwell
Spring Lake NC
jbagwon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:38 AM   #2
Jim W

Hi, first welcome to the forum and hope you will enjoy you new camper.
I would recommend that the dealer address all of your concerns while at the dealer now. Instead of you trying to fix it first, then having the dealer fix later. Since it is sitting at the dealer have him fix it now.
I had my outside weather stripping come loose on my older 5Th wheel that I fixed with an RV sealant that bounded the rubber to the metal, but mine was out of warranty. Again I would have the dealer fix this issue for you now.
Just my $0.02
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
jbagwon2

Thanks for the welcome

Jim,
Thanks for welcoming us to the forum. I'm sure after the repairs we'll have plenty of positive comments. The wife and I enjoy camping several times a year mainly in NC and usually at Jordan Lake where the fishing is always good.

John
Old 01-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
jbagwon2

No longer Happy Campers

[B]BUYER BEWARE!!

We're the proud owners of a 2010 passport 190EXP (tongue in cheek).
purchased June 24,2010. We've been camping in it once (Aug 22). Its been at the dealers getting repaired as long as we've had it at the house.

This last time water was all in the seat box, leaking from the side window we think. Discovered in NOV after we just winterized it. Took it to the dealer to get fixed, keystone says "just seal the window and see if that fixes it". Dealer calls us to get it Jan 2 2011. Water damage in interior and exterior of the seat box. Dealer mentions they'll have to work with keystone to get that fixed? After picking up the trailer discovered seat box wet again. Took trailer back to dealer.

Anyone here from NC know if lemon law will cover this?

John Bagwell
Old 01-18-2011, 05:37 AM   #5
camper 2010

Your or your dealer should take the inside trim off the leaking window. I had the same problem with my 27RLS. The window opening in my camper was cut too large for the window sealing tape to bond to the side of trailer. You can fill the opening with expandable foam for windows and doors. MAKE SURE IT IS FOR WINDOWS AND DOORS.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
Pennsylvaniasprinter

Sounds like the same response we always get. Take it back to get it repaired. We also have a leak by the windows. However, it happens to different windows where we will find water sitting in the window well. We live in PA so impossible to "take it to get repaired" until we get a thaw, probably in March........Warranty is due to expire April 30th of this year.

We are extremely disappointed in Customer Service...especially at the level above the initial people you talk with.

Good luck with your repairs.
Pennsylvaniasprinter is offline   Reply With Quote