Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2024, 02:24 PM   #21
Bluecube

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJS3791RD View Post
On my Montana they are only powered when running lights are on
Mine too. I can either take the headlights out of the auto mode and turn them to parking lights or on, but in lieu of doing that. I just press the fog light button. It turns my fog lights on and turn the marker lights plus tail lights on the camper.
Bluecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 04:45 PM   #22
Bobby P

I have a 2022 3220RL and the rear camera is on all the time. Not an issue for me since I keep it plugged into shore power all the time when we are at home.
Bobby P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 05:11 AM   #23
Gamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasNav View Post
Gamma: Furrion recommends wiring the camera to the running / clearance light circuit. This way the camera is only on when you have lights on.
The only difference if it was the installer's intention to use the camera(s) as a security monitoring system.

My last unit was wired to the running lights, not sure why they wired it to the battery circuit. I will move it to the running light circuit in the spring. Camera was already installed when purchased.
AirLift system
Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM   #24
Bluecube

I got my camper back Friday. The tech at the dealer was able to fish out the correct Green/White pair of wires that are tired into the running lights. It took me 30 minutes to cut, splice in the camera power, and install the rear camera.

BTW, I definitely needed the 7 Pin Adapter as JRTJH mention I may. The cameras would work with my 2004 Silverado and would not with my 2020 Silverado.
I had already ordered the adapter just in case off Amazon. (Furrion Vision S® 7-Way Adapter with Power Switch for RV Camera System #F2BC004XXBK) With the adapter my cameras work when the marker lights are on.

I called my local dealership and asked about GM using a power management system. The tech told me that GM is using one on newer trucks like mine, a 2020. Evidentially GM started using a Power Management System on their 2020+ trucks. The system uses pulse code modulation which momentarily turns off the power to the lights. Perhaps that is why in some videos you see the video refresh rate captures the LED lights flickering or “pulsing”. Evidentially a measure to conserve power and extend the life of LEDs.

2024 Keystone Alpine 3303CK
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Diesel
USAF - Retired + DoD Federal Contractor - Retired (38yrs Service)
Old 03-10-2024, 05:15 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

GM does a lot of "little cost cutting measures" to reduce energy consumption, many that most people never "connect the dots" as intentional for energy conservation. As an example, the "squarish wheelwells" in both the Chevy and the GMC trucks saves about 5 pounds of steel in each truck. Doesn't seem like much on a 7,000 truck, but when you sell 1.3 million pickups a year, that 5 pounds adds up to over 6 million pounds of steel saved annually. Then, when you consider not using the gas to push that 6 million pounds down the highway, that's also a lot of gas saved each year.

The little things, many that we never see, all add up to some pretty substantial energy savings....

My Grandpa had a unique way of putting things like this. When we were shelling butterbeans and there was an endless supply left to shell, if we dropped a bean or left one in the shell, he'd remind us that even though that single butterbean didn't seem like much, a spoonful or fork full of them made a pretty tasty mouthful of good "Grandma's cooking"....

I sort of "stole his thought" and when my kids or grandkids are discussing "saving the little things", I'll often say to them, "You eat butterbeans, don't you?"...

GM, like Grandpa, puts a lot of thought into the "little things that add up to bigger things"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 05:23 AM   #26
Bluecube

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
"You eat butterbeans, don't you?"...
Great story and good way to pass on goodness to our kids and grandkids!

2024 Keystone Alpine 3303CK
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Diesel
USAF - Retired + DoD Federal Contractor - Retired (38yrs Service)