Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2014, 07:15 AM   #1
mnman

Window brand on Springdale

Does anyone know who makes the windows for new Springdale travel trailers? I have two fixed pane windows that are installed wrong. I would like to contact the window manufacture for installation specs.
mnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There should be an aluminum tape sticker on the inside flange of each window that identifies the manufacturer and model/part number. I'd guess they are Kinro windows manufactured by Lippert Industries. Their website is: http://lci1.com/

As for the installation instructions, Springdale RV windows are a common "clamp ring" installation. It's not rocket science, put butyl tape around the outside flange, position it in the center of the frame opening, hold in place while someone goes inside and positions theinterior trim ring in place and screws the two halves together evenly. Don't overtighten, but keep it snug. Let sit for 24 hours and trim the excess butyl tape that has exuded from around the trim ring.

If you go to the LCI website, you can contact Lippert Customer Support from a link found there.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
mnman

On the Keystone website I was able to find the the service manual. It stated that the rough opening should be 3/8 bigger for both height and width. For the two windows in my slideout, either the opening is to big or/and the window is not centered but sitting on the bottom of the opening. Just in the last couple weeks the upper right corners have pulled away from the sidewall leaving a gap. Looking in the gap you can see the cut edge of the rough opening just below the exterior flange. Even if the window was sitting all the way down in the opening there should only be a 3/8 " gap in the rough opening. There should still be sufficient coverage by the flange on the outside wall.
The dealer is going to look at it. I would like to see them take it apart so I can measure the rough opening and the window.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Where on the Keystone website did you find this service manual? I'm sure a number of members would like access to it. Please post the link.

Thanks

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
mnman

My mistake

I found the service manual for HEHR windows not the ones used on the Springdale. I have been looking at so many things today regarding my window issue. Sorry!

The HEHR window service manual can be found at

http://www.hehrintl.com/pdf/Hehr%20Service%20Manual.pdf

I did get in installation instructions from Kinro. It stated that installation clips should be in place for proper centering in the opening. 2 clips on the sill and one on each jamb.

Something is really wrong with my two windows, the top of the rough opening shouldn't be just below the edge of the flange.

Hopefully the dealer will let me watch and take pics when the windows are removed.