Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #41
notanlines

Names, my man, names of the dealerships. The only satisfaction you can get is for the rest of us out here to know which dealer is good and which one is "bad." Word might not travel fast, but it does travel. And thank you for your service from a family of jarheads.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #42
Pmedic4

Personal Experiences with Auto and RV dealers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Soldier View Post

Both RV manufacturers and dealers have a long way to go to arrive at the level of professionalism of the major auto dealers.
Well, if anything I've had better experiences with RV dealers than auto dealers. Don't know if it's just where your located versus my location, but with my current RV, which I've posted on this site there were many issues, but when I took it back to the dealer, they were resolved. Vehicles, I've had many discussions with Service Managers and even had to escalate a problem to a Regional Manager for resolution.

The one thing I learned, is don't buy a RV from a long distance away. I did that previously, and won't say the dealer didn't care, but I feel many problems I should have taken back to the dealer, I didn't because of the cost to transport the RV.

Regardless, comparing RV dealers to Auto dealers is all in the eye of the beholder.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #43
scott24

We purchased a 2015 Keystone RB2250 in August. We love it and have no complaints.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #44
Brantlaker

Our 2012 Cougar was purchased and delivered at a local dealer with no problems it was hooked up to 50 amp and a water hose I tried everything on it to make sure that it worked. We only had 2 major problems the Bumper was falling off at the welds and the Bed was pulling away from the slide wall. They fixed both to my satisfaction. You may find a better price somewhere far away but do you want to bring it back for Warranty. RV Dealers only sign Sales Agreements they are not required to repair them like a Auto Dealer who signs a Franchise Agreement.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:48 AM   #45
dfb
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
to the forum and "potentially" to Keystone RVing. From the sound of your post, you may not be a Keystone owner for long. That's certainly your choice. Whatever you choose to do, I wish you luck with your RV experiences.

To address a couple of your issues, I checked every drawer in my new trailer before I accepted it. Did you?

I looked at all the utilities to make sure they were serviceable. Did you?

I connected the trailer to electrical power (actually the dealership did) and I turned on all the appliances one at a time to find out what I could expect to operate simultaneously. Did you?

I inspected all the cabinets, wall coverings, checked how all the curtains opened and closed BEFORE I accepted the trailer. Did you?

I climbed on the roof and under the RV "just to look and check things out". Did you?

In closing, I've built (had built) 7 houses for personal use. Not one of them has been "flawless" and they all had a "punch list" of at least 2 pages of things that needed to be repaired/replaced/exchanged/repainted/thrown away before closing. Why would I expect a "mobile home" to be any different than a "stick built home" ? Do you?

Not once have I been afforded the luxury of buying a home, an RV, a car, truck, boat or ATV without having to "personalize it" tighten a few screws, push something back into place or make adjustments so it worked like I expected. Have you?

Don't blame Keystone for all of those issues, your dealership should have repaired all of those issues before you even arrived for the PDI and you should have identified the ones you're complaining about before you signed the contract and towed it home.

From your comments about having to take everything out of your existing trailer and put it in your new one, it sounds like the dealership (or Keystone) is exchanging your RV for another one. If that's true, I'd urge you to accept the PERSONAL responsibility of downloading the PDI located on this forum and using it to identify issues before you drag it home, spend $400 in gas and 9 hours of your time, only to get upset because someone else didn't do your "work".

Good Luck,
So you are blaming the buyer for not checking things? Where in the heck is keystone and the dealer on this. The buyer does not build these. I'm pretty disappointed in our Montana legacy! Lots of work , cheapest carpet in the world, and the rubber roof looks as if it won't hold up either!...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #46
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
So you are blaming the buyer for not checking things? Where in the heck is keystone and the dealer on this. The buyer does not build these. I'm pretty disappointed in our Montana legacy! Lots of work , cheapest carpet in the world, and the rubber roof looks as if it won't hold up either!...
You choose a post from August 2014, almost two years ago to comment on and then take it 'out of context" My comment was directed at a situation identified by a member whose trailer was (at the time of the comment) 6 years old. He bought it in 2009 and was complaining about "warranty work" that was preventing him from using his trailer for "more than a year"...

But, to address your comment, I urge you to go to any supermarket and watch shoppers in the meat department. EVERY ONE of them will pick up packages of meat, look at them, turn them over (even prepackaged bacon) to check. Then they "choose the best looking one".... If they do that with a $2 pound purchase of bacon, wouldn't you expect "at least" the same scrutiny in a $40K purchase???

So, yes, I'm saying the buyer needs to look at their trailer, inspect it and be aware of what they are dragging off the lot.

Anyone who "believes" that a trailer manufacturer is going to "use the best and most expensive" components in a "bottom dollar" or "mid level" RV is in for a "rude awakening" after they get it home and then start comparing. By then, it's too late. The time to compare, is like the supermarket shopper, BEFORE you put it in your driveway.

Expectations differ among buyers, some are "realistic" in understanding that trailers come with cheap furniture, "FHA" vinyl and "cheap carpet". Other buyers, if they expect more than the manufacturer provides, will likely be disappointed.

Keystone, just like every other "production line RV manufacturer" uses essentially the same components to assemble their products. If you're not satisfied with the quality of the components, after the sale is a bad time to find that out.......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015, electrical, problems, quality, sg 303