Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
Andrea in Calgary

Question Window Replacement

Hi,

We bought a 2008 Keystone Sprinter over the winter, we just started using it the last few weeks, and my husband hadn't backed in a 28 ft trailer into our yard before, on one of his first tries he got close to a tree branch, which broke one of the windows......so sad! We contacted a dealer here in Calgary, which can bring up a window from Keystone in the States, but the cost of crate & freight is outrageous.......any idea's on how to replace the window, it is currently covered with some plastic! Luckily it's a small window by the kitchen!

Otherwise we are really enjoying the Sprinter & have taken it out on a few trips, it makes camping very comfortable!!! Glad to have found this Forum & look forward to chatting with some of you perhaps!

Any ideas on the window would be appreciated & happy RV-ing!

Andrea

P.S. - Also, happy to report my husband has got the 'backing in' technique mastered!
Andrea in Calgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
NVHCC

Window replacement

the exit window in our 2003 295bh front bedroom - 21 x 35" is damaged - glass and frame of tip out part - main frame ok- any idea who makes these (cannot read anything on windows) and if there is a replacement site other than dealership?
NVHCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
bobandvicki

window

replaced a bedroom window with a piece of plexi-class until I could get to Indiana for a replacement - from the outside couldn't tell and offered more protection from the weather than plastic - Bob
Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum.
I went online and did a search for "RV Replacement Windows" and came up with numerous retail suppliers of RV parts and accessories. You might want to consider doing the same and if you decide to go this route, just give them all the specs on the window. You can also come up with step-by-step instructions on how to replace an RV window also by doing a search on the Internet.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:07 AM   #5
NVHCC

Hi - we too have a window issue and are in Canada - shipping for a replacement through dealer was more than window cost.

Try Motion Windows in BC - www.motionwindows.com or http://www.duncansys.com/ or http://www.pellandent.com/default.aspx

Motion would be my 1st choice.
NVHCC is offline   Reply With Quote