Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2023, 06:24 PM   #41
GRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post

I agree with Marshal. OP you are one mellow dude. Glad you have such a great attitude. You are an example to folks like me. I think I would probably have ended up in jail after my confrontation with management at that CW. Knowing myself I try to make sure I do not put myself into a situation where I get mad. I kinda go off like one of my German Shepherds So I take EXTRA time with the PDI. Thank you for sharing your experience. Good luck with that dealership fixing anything correctly. But I am pretty sure, with your outlook and patience, it will all end up OK.

I'm all done with the CW in Chichester. The sales girl that sold me the camper KNOWS all the issues I've had with it. She had called me to see how I "loved" the new camper. Filled her in on the issues and she said she was going to notify the MFG of the quality issues and have the service manager call me to arrange to "Pre-order" repair parts so they can fix everything when the camping season ends. There are even more issues that popped up after I talked with her that I was going to talk to the service manager about, when he called me. He has never called.

I have yet to receive a call back from anybody at this facility. Safe to say, they have lost any further business from me. Another member on this forum gave me the name of the service manager in the Conway facility and I'll be calling him to discuss work needing to be done. My sister in law also purchased her camper from the Conway facility 5 or 6 years ago. She has been happy with their service after the sale. I'll be calling up there to explain what is going on and have THEM do the warranty work on this unit.

Another odd thing happened after returning home from the last camping trip. I parked the camper, powered up the self leveling system and proceeded to watch the camper leveling system do some really funky stuff.

Front legs grounded properly, hitch jack raised up properly, rear legs grounded properly, then the front leg on the drivers side started lifting the camper, and kept lifting, and kept lifting. The pad on the passenger side started lifting up off the ground. When the drivers side had lifted as far as the leg would go it stopped with an error on the display saying something to the effect it had excessive travel or had traveled past a safety point and stopped. The passenger side front leg was 10 to 12 inches off the ground!

I retracted all the legs and tried again with the same result. I manually leveled the camper, reset the "zero point" and after that it leveled itself properly. Gremlins? Possessed?

I did tow in torrential downpour rain on the highway on the way home with ponding on the roads occurring and 3 to 4 inches of rain from that storm! Don't know if the humidity got to the leveling system? Seems okay now.

In a different post I talked about damaged wires in the 7 way connector cable that gave full power braking every time you touched the brake pedal or turned on the right directional. That trip caused the bathroom door frame to be torn out of the opening on the latching side. Another repair I did on my own. Not the campers fault on that but I found how shoddy the installation was on the door. All better now...

Just doing the weekend thing for now!
GRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 06:57 PM   #42
sourdough
Site Team

Something for everyone to take to heart; when you have issues do not leave them with a service advisor and NEVER call and wait for a return call that may or may not come. Some dealers are good, some service managers are good...some are crap. I buy relatively close (within 100 miles), meet the gm/owner, service manager, sales manager etc. and let them know I will see them if an issue isn't handled and sit in their office overnight if they don't take care of business. It's a sad thing but the way of business anymore.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 03:09 AM   #43
markcee

OP....I see that you're moving on to another dealership for help but was wondering if you ever did the 'Contact Marcus' thing referenced in earlier replies?

If not, I suggest you should do so. I had similar 'communication' issues with a CW dealership - several messages left w/no callbacks etc. over a 3-week period, so I decided to 'contact Marcus'. I received a call back from the dealership general manager within hours of opening my 'case' with Marcus and had complete resolution within the week.

From my experience at least, dealership personnel really jump into action when 'Marcus' gets on their a**. Good luck!

https://rv.campingworld.com/marcusvi...r+Edge+browser
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:40 AM   #44
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
OP....I see that you're moving on to another dealership for help but was wondering if you ever did the 'Contact Marcus' thing referenced in earlier replies?

If not, I suggest you should do so. I had similar 'communication' issues with a CW dealership - several messages left w/no callbacks etc. over a 3-week period, so I decided to 'contact Marcus'. I received a call back from the dealership general manager within hours of opening my 'case' with Marcus and had complete resolution within the week.

From my experience at least, dealership personnel really jump into action when 'Marcus' gets on their a**. Good luck!

https://rv.campingworld.com/marcusvi...r+Edge+browser

^^^ This has been a "game changer" for a number of CW trailer/motorhome owners who have been "shuffled to the back burner" by circumstances at a CW dealership. It's remarkable how fast problems get fixed when the "top dawg starts swinging a 10 pound sledge"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 07:48 AM   #45
sourdough
Site Team

I can attest that Marcus runs a tight ship...if it ever gets to him. I've had multiple conversations with him and his senior staff, he is very hands on. Obviously you need to have your ducks in a row and a viable complaint but they will completely bypass the local dealership management to resolve a problem - btdt.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar