Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #1
nano

2011 Sprinter Select 29BH

We traded in our trailer for one of these, and I'm wondering if anyone else here owns one, and if you've had any issues with it? I wasn't going to pay $30 per month for an extended warranty, so if there are any common problems with this model, I want to keep my eye out for them before the 1 year warranty expires. Thanks.
nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
Jay Pat

We have the Sprinter 310.

Follow the wires from the battery to where they enter the main body of the rv (below floor/behind frame). I used the spray foam to seal the opening where the wires actually enter. Same thing for the rear of the trailer.

You have wide cabinet doors above your sofa. I have had the screws for the hinges come loose. Care should be used to open and close thes type doors gently so not to put stress on the hinges.

I added a thin coating of silicone on the clearance lights. Plastic lens to light housing.

To combat the Texas heat, we have reflectix inside and out with Velcro. We limit opening the door to the outside.

Hope this helps!!
Pat

Our trailer is performing fine.
Jay Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
nano

Thanks for the tips!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
ripperoo

Hi Nano,

I have the same unit you do. I bought mine in February of 2011. I can't say I've really had any problems with it. Small stuff like the edge banding on the dinette table was coming off, they fixed it. The radio had to be replaced, replaced it with a newer model. I get a slight noise in the A/C duct due to a not so perfect duct taping job. Can't fix without dropping whole ceiling. I wasn't willing to let them do that. It's not really an issue. Had a small "bulge" on one exterior wall where they ran a screw too far from the inside at the medicine cabinet. Fixed it. And finally, the guy who cut the hole for the rear cargo door made the hole too big. They used clear calking to seal the trim band, and during the day on the inside you could see daylight. Did not leak, but make it look real cheap. Keystone had the dealer make the door opening a bit bigger and had a slightly bigger door made. Looks great. I don't think the minor warranty issues I've had are out of line with most new units. I actually expected more from some of the horror stories I've read about others and their new campers.

Other than that, I'm really happy with it. I think the quality is good for the price. I've done some mods. I added inside access doors to the storage compartments under the dinette seats. Also, added a door to the left of the large pot drawer under the sink in the entryway. And added a couple of drawers at the end where the single drawer was. Overall I like the camper and features. Hope you do too. If you have any questions or have any issues yourself, please let me know.

Take care, Mark
Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
nano

We had one of the water lines come loose up front in the storage area underneath, and of course the water leaked down into the hole where the lines run through and soaked the insulation underneath. We cut a few small slits to let as much water drain out as possible and then brought it to the dealer who opened it up underneath, dried it out and put new insulation. The water line connectors are pretty cheap, so I guess it doesn't surprise me that it happened, but to prevent a water leak, you would think the company could spend a few extra dollars for better connectors.