Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
CnDouble

Aftermarket rear ladder

We have an 2010 26 RLS, and I'd like to add a rear ladder. Just wondered if anyone could suggest an aftermarket brand that works well ? I've seen a couple styles that "screw" together, but my gut tells me a solid frame would last longer. Thanks in advance !
CnDouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
Flyguy

Aftermarket ladders are universal fit and as such have a hinged joint to accomadate all types of trailers, at least all that I've seen. Here's a link to one that I've found: http://www.thervpro.com/products/Uni...%20Ladder.html and here's another that says it's made in the USA: http://netstores-usa-llc.amazonwebst...source=froogle hope this helps.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
CnDouble

Thanks Flyguy. I had looked at a couple aftermarket ladders, but you the ones you found look better. I like to give my $ to anything that says Made in the USA , whenever possible! Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the newer models (2009 -2010) seem to not have ladders ? Could just be my twisted mind, but in doing our search for a new coach, it sure looked that way.
Thanks for the help!
CnDouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #4
HermitKrab

Many RV's do not come with ladders because the roof is not designed to hold the weight of someone walking on it.
At least that is the case with mine.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:54 AM   #5
Flyguy

My roof isn't really made to walk on either, but I do anyway because it's back braking work trying to wash it without getting on it, even with a wand type hose extention device, but I step carefully on top of the roof trusses and not between them or I use some scrap plywood pieces long enough to span between two trusses. Works for me.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
bigdog

When I looked at the trailer that I bought at the RV show in Seattle,it had several things on it such as the ladder,the turbo tank flush thingy,the marine style electrical connector and a television wall mount in the living room.It also had a built-in vacumn and surround sound set-up.When I got the trailer,not the one from at the show but a different one for SEVERAL thousand better,it didn't have any of those items.I found out later that the dealer with the rig at the show had all those items added when he ordered it especially for the show and they were all options.
When I asked the dealer I got it from and my local service shop installing a ladder,they said that the factory suggests that they don't do it and that it should be only done at the factory when it's being built.The dealer said that several others say that also.I guess that they put in special anchors or something.
By the way,I now have the marine connector, the tank flush thingy and am in process of the wall mount for the flat screen. Am having to go thru the wall into the bedroom and mount a backing plate and then run bolts thru it for strength.
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD
DP Tuner
4" MBRP Exhaust
AFE air intake
Ride-rite air bags
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote