Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
5forcamping

New Front Cap

This is an update from a few months ago when I had a bubble in fiberglass on the front cap which dealer repaired (per Keystone instruction) and immediately bubble reappeared before I had time to pick up from dealer. Dealer repaired again (Different & much better method per Keystone). That did not work either. Long story short, dealer says Keystone should send a new front cap to replace the original. They are just waiting for the approval from submitting necessary paperwork.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Ron

So when did this bubble in the front cap first start, and when did you first notify and take it to the dealear, seems like it's been awhile and I sure wouldn't be happy if it took than long to get someting done about it. If my new trailer had a problem that wasn't taken care of in a timely fashion I sure wouldn't be happy cause we use our trailer about every weekend. Just wondering what Keystones response time is. I'm sure your not real happy about it either but what can one do about it......Happy Campin......................Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
5forcamping

I think it was mid June when I noticed the first bubble. Once I took it to dealer it was within a few days that Keystone authorized repair. Same thing on 2nd repair. Trailer has been at dealer 5 days and Service Advisor said they should get authorization from Keystone by 11/23/11 and it will probably take 2 weeks to get new cap.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
Ron

It kinda sounded like your trailer was at the dealear between repairs for a long period of time but as you write it was there for a short period of time and now in for a new front cap. On this forum ther have been posts about trailer that either been to the dealear or back to the factory for months, and that sure cuts into my time for sure if it were mine.

I recently read several posts not only with Keystone but other brands as well that folks that full time that had to part with there trailer for months on end and were not to happy about it.

Most all posts were asking Manufacturer to pay space rent or rent them another trailer. Hope all goes well with your front cap replacement and that takes care of any future problems.

Happy Campin................Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
5forcamping

Finally got the approval from Keystone and the dealer received new cap on Dec 12, but there was a defect in filon. Dealer received another cap Dec 19 and should get it back by end of week.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
5forcamping

Picked up trailer Dec. 31 from dealer and it looks great. Time will tell I guess.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
2011 keystone

It is always good to here the good outcome of a problem. hope you have no more problems and can realy start to enjoy your TT
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote