Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2023, 12:46 PM   #1
Loaderdave

Peeling cabinets in2022 cougar 5th wheel

Kitchen cabinets starting peeling 4 month's after purchase 3 10 22 looks good for awhile then comes loose again Keystone has paid for it so far. Anyone who has had this problem I would like to speak with you. I'm in the Northstate Ca.Thanks for the help
Loaderdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 02:37 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum.

Peeling (or delaminating) vinyl wrap on MDF cabinet doors is a common problem throughout the RV industry. It may only happen in 1 of 100 trailers, but if it happens to yours, that's always "one too many"....

Currently there are two open threads discussing this issue. You can read about those owner's experiences here:

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=55962

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=56131

There are other threads discussing similar problems, just use the search feature to find more reading if you want.

It sounds like your dealership "fixed" (for lack of a better term) your peeling doors rather than replace them. You might want to talk to your dealership, show them what Keystone did for other owners and see if they agree that replacement cabinet doors would be a better fix for your trailer. Apparently, once the adhesive fails, it's not going to suddenly "stick with a second coat of adhesive"... So, starting with new doors is probably the only "real fix" for the problem.

Just a word of caution: If you threaten Keystone with a "Lawyer up" comment, you'll very likely find that their parent company, THOR RV Industries, sends you a letter from their legal department instructing you and your lawyer to stop corresponding with your dealership and with Keystone and that ALL future correspondence be directed to the "corporate legal team".... Once you make that threat, almost always, from that point on, your trailer will "sit in limbo until the court makes a final ruling on who is liable"....

So, threatening Keystone is an "excellent way to have your trailer sit with no repairs" until after the court case is finalized.

I'd recommend you rethink making those comments until you've exhausted all other means of getting your trailer repaired.

Of course, you're absolutely free to choose your own "best course of action"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 04:26 PM   #3
Loaderdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Peeling (or delaminating) vinyl wrap on MDF cabinet doors is a common problem throughout the RV industry. It may only happen in 1 of 100 trailers, but if it happens to yours, that's always "one too many"....

Currently there are two open threads discussing this issue. You can read about those owner's experiences here:

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=55962

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=56131

There are other threads discussing similar problems, just use the search feature to find more reading if you want.

It sounds like your dealership "fixed" (for lack of a better term) your peeling doors rather than replace them. You might want to talk to your dealership, show them what Keystone did for other owners and see if they agree that replacement cabinet doors would be a better fix for your trailer. Apparently, once the adhesive fails, it's not going to suddenly "stick with a second coat of adhesive"... So, starting with new doors is probably the only "real fix" for the problem.

Just a word of caution: If you threaten Keystone with a "Lawyer up" comment, you'll very likely find that their parent company, THOR RV Industries, sends you a letter from their legal department instructing you and your lawyer to stop corresponding with your dealership and with Keystone and that ALL future correspondence be directed to the "corporate legal team".... Once you make that threat, almost always, from that point on, your trailer will "sit in limbo until the court makes a final ruling on who is liable"....

So, threatening Keystone is an "excellent way to have your trailer sit with no repairs" until after the court case is finalized.

I'd recommend you rethink making those comments until you've exhausted all other means of getting your trailer repaired.

Of course, you're absolutely free to choose your own "best course of action"...
I get it Thanks
Old 12-27-2023, 06:35 PM   #4
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaderdave View Post
Kitchen cabinets starting peeling 4 month's after purchase 3 10 22 looks good for awhile then comes loose again Keystone has paid for it so far. Anyone who has had this problem I would like to speak with you. I'm in the Northstate Ca.Thanks for the help
Feel your pain, Dave. I'm dealing with exterior wall problems that has a master tech stumped. Waiting on Keystone to make a decision on 1 year old 5th wheel. As others here have stated, and it's also my experience to use your dealer as it's their job to take care of your problems (as much as I'm not a fan of my dealer here). No, these very expensive investments shouldn't have simple things go wrong. Unfortunately they do. About as frustrating as it can get.
Old 12-27-2023, 09:07 PM   #5
Loaderdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
Feel your pain, Dave. I'm dealing with exterior wall problems that has a master tech stumped. Waiting on Keystone to make a decision on 1 year old 5th wheel. As others here have stated, and it's also my experience to use your dealer as it's their job to take care of your problems (as much as I'm not a fan of my dealer here). No, these very expensive investments shouldn't have simple things go wrong. Unfortunately they do. About as frustrating as it can get.
Hi Bill my dealer went out of business about 5 months after we got it. Camping World took it over and did a lot of work on it. IT looked good but didn't last so now it back in the shop again while they figure it out. This is the 3rd time for this problem. Terrible workmanship on their part.Well I hope you have a good outcome with yours. Thanks Dave

Tags
5th wheel, cougar