Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2023, 08:56 PM   #21
SargeW

The sad part is I do believe that these guys are trying. Just overwhelmed? I don't know. The really interesting part is that in spite of their slip ups, they are head and shoulders over the dealer I purchased from in Las Vegas. They were flat terrible.
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 03:09 AM   #22
Glamper63
Gone Traveling

As a RV owner I'm discovering it's best to do any work myself if possible. That way I know the work is done with care and avoids the hassle of bringing the RV to the dealership. I've fixed so many issues that were just done carelessly from silicone to fixing drawers to changing fuse systems. Goggle and u-tube is where you will find good info and technicians. Also you really get to know the ins and outs of your RV. Warranty work is different I guess and there's somethings you can't do but all those things you can do I would take the part's and do myself. Imo the obvious problem with the RV industry from factories to dealerships is the lack of trained, monitored, accountable people and a final inspection process. It's all about the money as usual which also leads to using inferior materials.
Glamper63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 07:01 PM   #23
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
There are some really good conscientious techs that will pay attention to that note and others that "don't want to see it" and probably throw it away. I did a walk through with a management person at a dealership assigned to do only walkthroughs on sold trailers and he was accompanied by a tech as we went through. As we went along I asked about the res fridge which we never had before; it was on to check it out and I asked how to turn it off and he told me. The tech was standing there. When we picked up the unit and brought it home I opened the fridge door and on the top edge under the lip of the door was a note made on a label maker and taped there: "Yes, you can turn the fridge off, just depress the freeze and power freeze buttons at the same time". I thought it was hilarious but he was paying attention....and it comes in handy since my memory doesn't remember that simple thing every time.
I need to pack up, move to W. TX and work remote from there. Then I can bring my trailer to your dealer and get REAL service.

Tags
warranty