Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
wpickreign

Wayne

I have a 2012 Alpine 3555RL, it has corian countertops and has a foldable top over the range. My wife was cooking this week and the flame on the back burner burned the countertop, has anyone had this problem and should it be covered under warrenty and if not is it repairable and what should I do in the future to prevent this.

Thanks, Wayne
wpickreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
geo

Wayne -

Welcome to the forum and the new Alpine!

I don't know if it would be considered warranty or not. There are "kits" you can get at HD, Lowe's, Amazon, etc., that contain various grits of sand cloth and polishing cloth along with polishing liquids. Quite a bit of elbow grease, but it will work. There has been another long thread in the Forum on Corian scratches, etc., that you should be able to find with a search. If you don't want to DIY, I would guess that cabiniet builders who install Corian could take care of it also.

One point DuPont makes about Corian is that it is consistant through the material. So, if you have a burned (or scratched, in my case) area, carefully sanding it down through finer and finer grit and polishing compound will correct the problem. Rather than get the 400 grit out and attacking it, I would recommend the DuPont Corian kit.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote