Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
lakebrat

Angry Montana water leak in bedroom??

Have new Montana (2010). Have water leak when rains in bedroom slide, leak is at extreme outside corner near head of bed. From location does not seem to be leaking at rubber seals unless running back to outside corner. Has anyone had similar experience? or any ideas where the problem is?

Unit still under warranty, but would like to avoid hassle of pulling back to dealer, etc.
lakebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
bheckie

I too have a 2010 Montana fifth-wheel (3400RL) and have had water leaks in my bedroom slide after a heavy rainstorm. Personally, I think the rubber seals around the drain spout (near the bottom) aren't sealing tight enough to keep the rain out - especially if it's a hard rain or also windy. I'm going to slide a piece of plastic bed wrapper under the rubber seals and over the drain spout and tape it down to keep it in place. After the next rainstorm I will let you know if it helped! I also am going to contact Keystone to see if they are aware of any design problems which could be causing this.....I will post anything that I get back from them!

"Heckie"
Wisconsin
2010 Montana 3400RL
bheckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
Flyguy

I had a situation similar to that with my Passport, it drove me nuts trying to find it, it wasn't coming from the roof and all the slide seals looked and checked good, bottom line to it all was that it was coming from the frame of the slideout cutout on the top and only on the right side as you view the slide from inside the TT. I resealed the whole area of the cutout on the trailer side on top and haven't had a problem since. What finally gave it away was the fact that I could feel water on top of the slide with the slide in at the wall but there were no water marks between the top of the slide and the roof, also the fact that it would leak no matter if the slide was in or out. Hope this helps!
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
bheckie

Update to the Leak Problem

Just an update....I contacted Keystone Customer Service Dept. and got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. I would advise you to take your unit to the nearest Keystone Dealer to have your leaked diagnosed. Even though the rubber seals do not totally enclose the slide-out, it should not be leaking. The drain spouts do help the rain to be redirected, instead of running down the sides. The drain spouts not being “sealed correctly” may be the cause of the slide-out leak. Again, I would advise you to take your unit to a Keystone Dealer, especially if you’re going to be having more rain.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact Keystone RV anytime.
bheckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
lakebrat

Smile Thanks to all. Dealer was able to fix.

Dealer was able to fix leak problem. From what they said, I think the seal around the window was leaking, and seal strip on top of slide was loose or not sealed. In any case the problem seems to be solved.
lakebrat is offline   Reply With Quote